Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
15-04-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome kayand3rson,rongodin, raven48,Nicala,Payntr and JECfromMC! You all seem like pretty good people and hope you're able to enjoy our forums! We're all pretty nice just might make sure the punch is spiked before you drink it (or isn't, depending on how you feel about that).

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2014, 06:06 PM
(15-04-2014 05:52 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Welcome kayand3rson,rongodin, raven48,Nicala,Payntr and JECfromMC! You all seem like pretty good people and hope you're able to enjoy our forums! We're all pretty nice just might make sure the punch is spiked before you drink it (or isn't, depending on how you feel about that).

I am not a forum user, so this seems very confusing to me. Thanks for the welcoming words, Miss Suzanne.Smile
15-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Welcome to our latest group of new people!

Hope you like our little corner of the Internet.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-04-2014, 03:18 PM
(08-04-2014 03:37 PM)ToTheStars Wrote:  The *bright* side of my choice is that my name now compliments my new star! Do you know how I got one and its meaning? I've only managed to find one thread that explains a few things to newbies (Forum Rules, Recommendations, and Members by Hughsie http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Members) but it didn't mentionned anything about stars, just a few basic things.
Hello, ToTheStars, and welcome every one else.

If your username is an invitation to explore the universe beyond our atmosphere, it's great. Otherwise it is great too, but I like the idea of exploring worlds that orbit other stars.

Regarding the stars in your profile, I don't really know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were based on the number of posts you write.

Have fun!
18-04-2014, 02:39 AM
(16-04-2014 03:18 PM)living thing Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 03:37 PM)ToTheStars Wrote:  The *bright* side of my choice is that my name now compliments my new star! Do you know how I got one and its meaning? I've only managed to find one thread that explains a few things to newbies (Forum Rules, Recommendations, and Members by Hughsie http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Members) but it didn't mentionned anything about stars, just a few basic things.
Hello, ToTheStars, and welcome every one else.

If your username is an invitation to explore the universe beyond our atmosphere, it's great. Otherwise it is great too, but I like the idea of exploring worlds that orbit other stars.

Regarding the stars in your profile, I don't really know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were based on the number of posts you write.

Have fun!

Nope. The stars are entirely for, have the sole purpose of, exclusively intended for glorification...

They reflect popularity and how humans are the centre of the gods' creation and each star you gain indicates that you are one step close to deification / nirvana / heaven.

Actually, I bought mine.

For sales of indulgences, please PM the Administrators.

Meanwhile... welcome all ye recent newcomers and comers of newness.

Peace be upon you.

Or something like that.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
18-04-2014, 03:27 AM
(18-04-2014 02:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Nope. The stars are entirely for, have the sole purpose of, exclusively intended for glorification...

They reflect popularity and how humans are the centre of the gods' creation and each star you gain indicates that you are one step close to deification / nirvana / heaven.
Shit! Can we get stars off? :-)

Thanks for the clarification. I thought I noticed one extra star appearing when I wrote my 100th contribution, so I wouldn't have been surprised if that had had some relation to it, but I guess not.

Everyone, please have great fun!
18-04-2014, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2014 05:57 PM by DLJ.)
(18-04-2014 03:27 AM)living thing Wrote:  ...
Shit! Can we get stars off? :-)

Thanks for the clarification. I thought I noticed one extra star appearing when I wrote my 100th contribution, so I wouldn't have been surprised if that had had some relation to it, but I guess not.

Everyone, please have great fun!

Yes. Stars are deducted by mods on a power trip.

Alternatively, I'm bullshitting you and you are right about the post-count (although don't ask me about the thresholds or the colours because I didn't set it up... but there is a thread about it somewhere) Tongue

18-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Hello All and Phil

In all honesty I can I agree with just about all your videos and find them very educational especially the ones about nuclear power. I am Canadian I live in British Columbia on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Its a remote village and quite beautiful. If interested look up Nootka Sound.
I am definitely not a scientist, but I have an interest in all things art, graphic and design related. I love computers and I enjoy programming, cooking, and electronic midi music.

I comment on some progressive news site, we have had some heated debates of late about energy and climate change. While I believe climate change is upon us I can help thinking all solutions should be on the table including nuclear. Maybe its my lack of knowledge, I feel fusion may be closer than we think. Partly because there was a question and answer thread a couple years ago on slashdot?
Anyways your arguements are very compelling and I can use some of them to defend my position on other sites. So thanks for that!
18-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first forum. I am a retired electrical engineer. My wife and I are both atheists and got to meet Seth when he visited Phoenix recently. We have enjoyed his story and his work for many years and listen to his pod-casts regularly. We are open atheists within our family which consists of Catholics and Lutherans.

The mother of my 10-year old grandson will not let us visit with him alone for fear of what we might say to him. Actually, that all started when I innocently (without forethought) wore one of Seth's T-shirts to a breakfast with him and he asked what the "A" in the light bulb stood for...I could not lie! :-)

Decided to join the forum because I want to post a link to a paper I just read by Robert G. Ingersoll entitled "Why I am Agnostic". A very nice historical piece written in the late 1800's.
18-04-2014, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2014 06:31 PM by TheGulegon.)
(18-04-2014 03:27 PM)jojoman Wrote:  Hi everyone,

This is my first forum. I am a retired electrical engineer. My wife and I are both atheists and got to meet Seth when he visited Phoenix recently. We have enjoyed his story and his work for many years and listen to his pod-casts regularly. We are open atheists within our family which consists of Catholics and Lutherans.

The mother of my 10-year old grandson will not let us visit with him alone for fear of what we might say to him. Actually, that all started when I innocently (without forethought) wore one of Seth's T-shirts to a breakfast with him and he asked what the "A" in the light bulb stood for...I could not lie! :-)

Decided to join the forum because I want to post a link to a paper I just read by Robert G. Ingersoll entitled "Why I am Agnostic". A very nice historical piece written in the late 1800's.

Howdy Shy
This is your first forum? Good! Was mine, too Big Grin
Welcome Smile

Oh! You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave Tongue I kid Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post