Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
28-04-2014, 09:36 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone,

I'm a 'new' atheist. My journey was a decades long one. I was raised in a conservative Baptist church, and loved church and god as a child. When I was around 7, I was 'born again', and genuinely felt that Jesus was coming into my heart. Around the age of 11 or 12, I just stopped feeling it. Didn't really question the existence of god, but just didn't feel the great sense of peace that other Christians seemed to feel. I found church boring, and went only because my parents made me. Once in college, I enjoyed the freedom of not having to go to church, and was exposed for the first time to people of other faiths. For the first time, I questioned why Christianity (and specifically Baptist) was the only 'correct' religion, but I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about it. Searched for a church after college, because I thought I 'should', but never found one I liked, so I stopped looking. My life felt pretty complete, and I didn't miss religion at all.

Very gradually, I started questioning, and the old platitudes such as "It's god's will", "God works in mysterious ways", and "let god take control" just stopped making sense. After over a decade of simply identifying as 'not religious', I put real effort into deciding once and for all what I believed, and for the first time this year, I put the label 'atheist' on myself. I am closeted, but in the process of figuring out how to come out. I look forward to some good discussions here!
Find all posts by this user
29-04-2014, 02:57 AM
I'm Henry, have been 20 for one day, proving my reality is totally insane..
Hahahahaha..
Yep... totally insane.. Wink
29-04-2014, 05:01 AM
Welcome to the two new members above...

the bird and the bee Consider

A marked contrast in style Smile but the door is open for one and all.

Good to have you on board.

29-04-2014, 07:47 AM
I like the way this thread keeps growing with new introductions.

Welcome everyone; I've only been here for a very short time and it has so far been very pleasurable, even if I sometimes may appear to be insane. People are generally friendly, nevertheless. Then there's Taq, who's not strictly friendly, but I like his posts.

Looking forward to learning your views!
[+] 2 users Like living thing's post
29-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone.

I'm new to The Thinking Atheist. I'm currently a member at AtheistForums.org (No_God) but I wanted a change of atmosphere.

So, uh, hey Blush
29-04-2014, 10:01 AM
(29-04-2014 09:31 AM)Godless_Heathen Wrote:  Hi everyone.

I'm new to The Thinking Atheist. I'm currently a member at AtheistForums.org (No_God) but I wanted a change of atmosphere.

So, uh, hey Blush

I know what you mean. I gets a bit hard to breathe over there sometimes Angel

Welcome. Wink

29-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Happy to see so many living dellusion free :o)
29-04-2014, 02:44 PM
(29-04-2014 12:03 PM)nickrampus Wrote:  Happy to see so many living dellusion free :o)

spelin fwee 2 Tongue Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone ! Religion is bullshit!
29-04-2014, 09:59 PM
(29-04-2014 08:52 PM)Leo Wrote:  Hi everyone ! Religion is bullshit!

Oh yeah? Prove it!

Big Grin

Welcome aboard Leo. Have fun.

Thread Closed