Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
20-05-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(19-05-2014 11:00 PM)RecursiveRecursion Wrote:  Greetings and salutations to one and all. I'm RecursiveRecursion (call me Rick if you don't want to type all that out). I'm an atheist, have been for quite a while, and enjoy being one. I hope to help and entertain with posts that induce philosophical panderings, captivating conversations, and undeniablely daring discourses. (Not sure if that made sense, but it's alliteration, so forget it.)

Hello and welcome to the board Rick!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
20-05-2014, 02:48 AM
(19-05-2014 11:00 PM)RecursiveRecursion Wrote:  Greetings and salutations to one and all. I'm RecursiveRecursion (call me Rick if you don't want to type all that out). I'm an atheist, have been for quite a while, and enjoy being one. I hope to help and entertain with posts that induce philosophical panderings, captivating conversations, and undeniablely daring discourses. (Not sure if that made sense, but it's alliteration, so forget it.)

A-n a-lliterate a-theist... a-wesome.

23-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Hello Everyone, I am Abhishek from New Delhi, India. I was born in a very rural,remote village in a very "SPIRITUAL AND HIGH CAST Laughat " Hindu family. I think I was an agnostic since I developed the capacity of thought processing and became an atheist when I was in 7th or 8th standard (11-12 Years Old).
I can remember things I used to think about then while my great-grandfather and grandfather used to tell me stories from scriptures like Ramayana and Geeta etc, I used to think why that god is so needy and desperate that he wants people to worship him and whats the point in hiding.
Here I admit that sometimes I used to feel very depressed back then and used to think that it would have been better if I were a believer.
But I outgrew that phase when I reached in my middle teenage years.
Anyways here I am 24 years old man, Software Engineer by profession.
Some of my hobbies are: Listening to music, Watching movies, Playing and messing around with my operating system (I fancy myself as a Linux and Open Source nerd).

I am crazy about music, any genre any band given that the song/music must have good rhythm OR good lyrics. I like listening to classical music very much its my most favorite genre of music, In fact in my cellphone (Which I use to listen to music) 90% of songs are classical. Some of my favorite composers are Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Brahms, Mahler and others. In Rock and Metal genre I absolutely love Pink Floyd, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, 30 Seconds To Mars and a lot of other bands, the list will go on for quite a while.
A big fan of Robert De Niro and Meryl Streep. I have a big list of actors too so I am stopping here.
In real life I am quite calm and introvert guy who keeps to himself.

And yeah I have clinical depression, OCD, Anxiety Disorder and some other mood disorder. I am on medication from last one year.
I like making fun of religions and mocking it (Not people).
I have lost few dear friends too because I am an atheist.

So there you go.A bit of who I am in this Introduction.

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.”
[+] 1 user Likes Meet_Morpheus's post
24-05-2014, 12:11 AM
(23-05-2014 02:59 PM)Meet_Morpheus Wrote:  ...
A bit of who I am in this Introduction.

Excellent intro. Good to have the sub-continent represented here a little more.

Welcome aboard.

24-05-2014, 12:45 AM
Welcome newbies Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
27-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Hi. My name is Ezra. I live in Oklahoma City, OK. My father was a preacher. And his father was a preacher. And his father was a preacher. And I'm guessing his father was probably a preacher. The more I learned about the bible though the less I could keep swallowing all of it down blindly. I caught an interesting thread on the existence of Jesus from a Google search which led me here. The site looks pretty functional on my phone, as far message boards on phones go, and I'm hoping to explore some of the contents more in depth. I am very active on other message boards and have been so for 14 years. So, I shouldn't have much trouble finding my way around. Right? Wink
27-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Hello to all. I am a 62 yr old infidel Evil_monster raised and still residing in NE Georgia. I was raised in the Baptist church with some Pentecostal overtones. I left the church as a child but only admitted to myself a couple of years ago that I am and always have been an Atheist. I am looking forward to participating here where I can express myself without being reminded of how "lost" I am or how I am going to hell. Lecture_preist
27-05-2014, 10:47 PM
(27-05-2014 09:38 PM)Cate Wrote:  Hello to all. I am a 62 yr old infidel Evil_monster raised and still residing in NE Georgia. I was raised in the Baptist church with some Pentecostal overtones. I left the church as a child but only admitted to myself a couple of years ago that I am and always have been an Atheist. I am looking forward to participating here where I can express myself without being reminded of how "lost" I am or how I am going to hell. Lecture_preist

Here is your welcome seal.
[Image: seal-wcamera-609x350.jpg]
(27-05-2014 12:57 AM)Ezra Wrote:  Hi. My name is Ezra. I live in Oklahoma City, OK. My father was a preacher. And his father was a preacher. And his father was a preacher. And I'm guessing his father was probably a preacher. The more I learned about the bible though the less I could keep swallowing all of it down blindly. I caught an interesting thread on the existence of Jesus from a Google search which led me here. The site looks pretty functional on my phone, as far message boards on phones go, and I'm hoping to explore some of the contents more in depth. I am very active on other message boards and have been so for 14 years. So, I shouldn't have much trouble finding my way around. Right? Wink

Here is yours too.
[Image: navy-seal-4.jpg]

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
28-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Hello there, fellow thinkers! Smile I'm a 19 year old University student, originally from Wales but studying in London!
I was fortunate enough to grow up in a secular family but I exclusively attended Anglican schools (not for any reason other than they were the schools that produced the best grades Laugh out load ) ... but boy do I have some stories from those school days!
I've identified as agnostic for years as I haven't found a niche in proficiently articulating my thoughts with regard to religion. But the more theological research I embark upon, and the more 'Thinking Atheist' podcasts I listen to, makes me more confident to identify myself as an atheist!
Any suggestions of materials to furthur my atheism are most welcome Big Grin
29-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
What's up everyone? My name's nick. I seem to fall under the label of being agnostic. I've already seen some funny memes and entertaining conversations. Looking forward to trying to be as unbiased as possible and rationalize all sides of each story. Look for my upcoming post agnostic-theism-atheist. Peace Smile

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Thread Closed