Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
29-05-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(29-05-2014 11:13 AM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  What's up everyone? My name's nick. I seem to fall under the label of being agnostic. I've already seen some funny memes and entertaining conversations. Looking forward to trying to be as unbiased as possible and rationalize all sides of each story. Look for my upcoming post agnostic-theism-atheist. Peace Smile

*Sprays you with Muff repellent*

Hi and welcome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
29-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Welcome Smiles and Spies, pull up a chair and join right in.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
29-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello!

I was raised in the Bible Belt by my dad, who's a Southern Baptist minister. I've always questioned his conservative Christian viewpoints vocally, and at a young age (maybe 14 or so?) I had already adopted a form a progressive Christianity that conflicted painfully with his biblical literalism. At 18, I officially converted to atheism, and shortly afterward moved to the far northeastern corner of the US.

I'm now 24 and am halfway through a degree in Game Art and Development. I spend my time gaming, painting, and taking my 3-year-old son on bike rides.

I've been listening to TTA for about three years now, but am only just now joining the forum. Big Grin I've never been much of a forum person, but am ready to become one!
[+] 2 users Like catgoblin's post
29-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Hey All,

I'm just another homosapien who is entering into the middle age of its life.

I was born in the Canadian bible belt to very loving, albeit fundamentalist christian parents. I had a reasonably happy childhood as I was a bit of an introvert and didn't mind a lot when I couldn't do many of the social things that the "normal" kids were doing. I was very devout in my faith and became "born again" when I was 9 and baptized at 17. The irony is that I credit my parents as the main reason I am an atheist today. My parents both were very skeptical people with any new ideas that came into the house. The problem is that they never examined their religious beliefs with those same glasses as they were both born and raised in the faith. They basically taught me that basic concept of "If it's too good to be true it probably is".

As I graduated high school I felt very much "called" to enter ministry. To be a great man of god I decided that I would need to know as much as I could to the questions of "Why?" that always seemed to come up with regard to christianity, the bible, god and such. I was willing to read both secular and religious sources to come to some sort of clarity on what truth really is. The almost compulsive quest for "the truth" was what I later figured out to be the driving force behind my wanting to enter the ministry in the first place as well as the driving force behind being truly objective in my analysis of all the information out there.

Since I have already mentioned that I am an atheist, you all can see how that objective study turned out.

Cheers, and I hope I can add a little to the community.
29-05-2014, 02:27 PM
(29-05-2014 11:55 AM)catgoblin Wrote:  Hello!

I was raised in the Bible Belt by my dad, who's a Southern Baptist minister. I've always questioned his conservative Christian viewpoints vocally, and at a young age (maybe 14 or so?) I had already adopted a form a progressive Christianity that conflicted painfully with his biblical literalism. At 18, I officially converted to atheism, and shortly afterward moved to the far northeastern corner of the US.

I'm now 24 and am halfway through a degree in Game Art and Development. I spend my time gaming, painting, and taking my 3-year-old son on bike rides.

I've been listening to TTA for about three years now, but am only just now joining the forum. Big Grin I've never been much of a forum person, but am ready to become one!

Hello and welcome. Good to have you with us!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
29-05-2014, 02:34 PM
(29-05-2014 01:18 PM)Pogoboy Wrote:  Hey All,

I'm just another homosapien who is entering into the middle age of its life.

I was born in the Canadian bible belt to very loving, albeit fundamentalist christian parents. I had a reasonably happy childhood as I was a bit of an introvert and didn't mind a lot when I couldn't do many of the social things that the "normal" kids were doing. I was very devout in my faith and became "born again" when I was 9 and baptized at 17. The irony is that I credit my parents as the main reason I am an atheist today. My parents both were very skeptical people with any new ideas that came into the house. The problem is that they never examined their religious beliefs with those same glasses as they were both born and raised in the faith. They basically taught me that basic concept of "If it's too good to be true it probably is".

As I graduated high school I felt very much "called" to enter ministry. To be a great man of god I decided that I would need to know as much as I could to the questions of "Why?" that always seemed to come up with regard to christianity, the bible, god and such. I was willing to read both secular and religious sources to come to some sort of clarity on what truth really is. The almost compulsive quest for "the truth" was what I later figured out to be the driving force behind my wanting to enter the ministry in the first place as well as the driving force behind being truly objective in my analysis of all the information out there.

Since I have already mentioned that I am an atheist, you all can see how that objective study turned out.

Cheers, and I hope I can add a little to the community.

Your story is similar to mine. Even with the years of brainwashing, we found the truth, against all odds! Clap

Good to have you with us!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
29-05-2014, 03:03 PM
(29-05-2014 11:13 AM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  What's up everyone? My name's nick. I seem to fall under the label of being agnostic. I've already seen some funny memes and entertaining conversations. Looking forward to trying to be as unbiased as possible and rationalize all sides of each story. Look for my upcoming post agnostic-theism-atheist. Peace Smile

Welcome to TTA.

Pro tip: Everyone is agnostic; some just don't know it. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2014, 04:02 PM
(29-05-2014 03:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Pro tip: Everyone is agnostic; some just don't know it. Drinking Beverage

Hmmm.

I had no idea you believed the same thing as me.

Weird.

I thought you were in the Gnostic camp for some reason.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Every one here should have a welcome gecko.

[Image: Gecko.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Big Grin RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi! New to the forum. I first found Seth's channel when... well that's it, I can't remember. I would love to point out a specific video, but I can't. I can't even tell how long I've been an atheist... Laughat
Thread Closed