Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
04-06-2014, 04:11 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(03-06-2014 09:43 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  When you run out of geckos, can we do Flo?, or Mayhem? maybe Jake from State Farm?
Wink

Nah it is sharks after

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
04-06-2014, 08:28 AM
(03-06-2014 09:43 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  When you run out of geckos, can we do Flo?, or Mayhem? maybe Jake from State Farm?
Wink
Just not the Paul brothers please!!! Lol
04-06-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm Gary. Here to escape the monotony of twitter trolls and to have a freethinking debate with other like-minded intellectuals. I grew up in Omaha attending Catholic schools. Never felt right about it. I now live in a suburb of Milwaukee. The only question I have that I can't answer is how did the Big Bang happen (which also happens to be my fave show (Bazinga!) Wink)? I may consider myself a fringe agnostic if there is such a thing. Anyways, glad to be aboard, Guys.

-Gary
04-06-2014, 03:28 PM
New Forum for Me
I am a resident of Florida, U.S.A., and I look forward to being engaged in this forum.

Ella
05-06-2014, 03:31 AM
Brick RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi. My name is Paul I describe myself as an atheist but a skeptic and agnostic may be more accurate as I am open to evidence from properly controlled studies. I recently became a member of the British Humanist Association.

I am fortunate to live in England as we seem to have sent many of our religious nutters off in the Mayflower, to you poor folk in the USA. I suppose you gave us the grey squirrel back, which is a pest here, but probably less damaging and definitely easier to live with.

My background is in psychology where there is an awful lot of "woo!". I have been open to following the research and taking up training to practice the most evidence based psychological approaches. Including Mindfulness Based Cognitive (Behaviour) Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
05-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Hey everyone, the name's matt. I'm from Ohio, and consider myself an explicit atheist. While i don't argue my opinions, I feel strongly that most theists are completely and undeniably wrong. I've just recently fully accepted my veiws and hope to see like-minded opinions
05-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Welcome aboard noobs. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
06-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Hi, everybody. I'm a middle aged ordinary guy who is trying to free himself from Christian brainwashing. Actually I've been an atheist most of my adult life except for about 3 years recently. But I've never been able to free myself completely. It's always been more like "oh well, I guess it's not real" rather than "it absolutely cannot be true because X, Y, and Z." Smile
06-06-2014, 12:49 PM
(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?

hi paul,

like you, this is my first introductory post. [[ the reason for my all-lower-case message is that years ago i *partially* dislocated my shoulder. that doesn't sum up my story but it is an important sliver. maybe. ]]

i am a lay-ordained zen buddhist which is about as hard-core atheist as anyone can get. i don't go around with a bull horn saying that i have left all gods behind; at the same time, i don't make a big deal about it.

belief in any god didn't make much sense to me even as a young child, but since i grew up in one of the northern bible belts, i kept it pretty much to myself.

now that i am seriously nearly Old-Age, i don't much care who know what i am and what i believe.

i have some questions for this forum and one for you since you are in the .mil. do many of your pals know that you are an atheist? how many in the military care these days? that sort of thing.

cheers,

gary kline
kline@thought.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Too many one time posters.

C'mon y'all... we don't bite.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Thread Closed