Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
14-06-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(14-06-2014 03:03 AM)FJorge Wrote:  Hi everyone! I'm Jorge and I'm a reasonable thinking person and I've joined to ask a question that I never heard anyone talking about. But just have to find the right thread.
Oh, and I still believe there is a God but I don't subscribe to the usual arguments about that issue.

We look forward to your question... originality would be very welcomed.

As are you... welcome aboard.

(14-06-2014 09:12 AM)Anna Wrote:  ...
I have so many questions, do tell me where should I post my questions to because I have no idea how this place works Tongue

Hi Anna,
My path to wisdom also included discovering Douglas Adams Hug

It's usual to just join existing conversations (threads) until you get used to this place. Or you can start your own threads on topics of your choosing.

Welcome aboard.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Welcome Glennryan61, Fjorge, and Anna.
Glad you made it.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
15-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Hi my name is gage I'm 23 hopeing to have some good convos.
15-06-2014, 10:45 PM
(15-06-2014 09:49 PM)gage555 Wrote:  Hi my name is gage I'm 23 hoping to have some good convos.

Good to see you, gage.

Just jump right in and en-gage Smile

Welcome

16-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Greetings everyone!

Although I’m a newbie here, I’ve spent the last 7 years posting rather actively on the Brights.Net forum (under the same username/pseudonym) and am now serving as one of four global forum facilitators for The Brights. Sadly, member participation and engagement on that forum has experienced a steady decline in recent years – so, I’m searching in earnest for a more active and energetic community of like-minded atheists.

I’m a fervent supporter of the Brights agenda: civic equality (i.e., in the U.S., strict constitutional separation of church and state) for those with a naturalistic worldview. And yet, I don’t believe that organization takes “the fight” far enough. I’ve loved science and philosophy for most of my life, having taken post-graduate college courses in Darwin/evolution as well as the philosophy of mind (consciousness). I think that we, as a society, have reached the cusp of a watershed moment where advances in scientific inquiry have rendered belief in the supernatural as not merely redundant, but logically incoherent.

Anyway, it’s good to be here. I look forward to participating with you all.
[+] 3 users Like Sabunim5Dan's post
16-06-2014, 10:57 AM
(16-06-2014 10:41 AM)Sabunim5Dan Wrote:  Greetings everyone!

Although I’m a newbie here, I’ve spent the last 7 years posting rather actively on the Brights.Net forum (under the same username/pseudonym) and am now serving as one of four global forum facilitators for The Brights. Sadly, member participation and engagement on that forum has experienced a steady decline in recent years – so, I’m searching in earnest for a more active and energetic community of like-minded atheists.

I’m a fervent supporter of the Brights agenda: civic equality (i.e., in the U.S., strict constitutional separation of church and state) for those with a naturalistic worldview. And yet, I don’t believe that organization takes “the fight” far enough. I’ve loved science and philosophy for most of my life, having taken post-graduate college courses in Darwin/evolution as well as the philosophy of mind (consciousness). I think that we, as a society, have reached the cusp of a watershed moment where advances in scientific inquiry have rendered belief in the supernatural as not merely redundant, but logically incoherent.

Welcome to our little corner of ye olde interwebs.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-06-2014, 11:14 AM
(16-06-2014 10:41 AM)Sabunim5Dan Wrote:  Greetings everyone!

Welcome
I think you'll like the high level of activity here.
16-06-2014, 11:17 AM
(15-06-2014 09:49 PM)gage555 Wrote:  Hi my name is gage I'm 23 hopeing to have some good convos.

Hi gage, didn't see ya up there.
Welcome Smile
16-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Hi,

I'm 27 years old.
I love the subjects of atheism and skepticism.

Personally, I guess I'm 'not sure, but it doesn't seem very likely' .
By some definitions that would make me an atheist I guess, but I don't really being labelled anything.

I do have plenty of weird superstitions that I'm trying to get rid of though.
[+] 1 user Likes kdemetter's post
17-06-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm a 32 year old mother, wife, and ex Christian. I enjoy life so much more now without religion! I'm not really "out" of the atheist closet, but I really want to be! There are many factors that contribute to why I'm not. But one day, I will be. I've got 3 kids, and my husband is also an atheist, which makes things so much better! Right now, my mission is to find websites, or YouTube accounts strictly for the atheist parent and family. Something kid friendly that can help get the message of reason across to my kids. Any ideas?
Thread Closed