Welcome kdemetter and Happy Athiest.
You've both found a great place, enjoy!
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
17-06-2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
welcome all newbies.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
18-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm a 26 year old architect from India. As an atheist, I am constantly faced with jarring moments of realization of just how deep-rooted religious beliefs are in the Indian way of life. The two almost cannot be separated for most Indians. I'm joining this forum in the hope of interacting with like-minded people who understand what it's like to live in a society so unanimously driven by faith in non-existent entities.
[+] 2 users Like indianatheist10's post
18-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Hi

I'm 31 and I've been here a month or so, and found you guys by reading mentions of this place on AF, which I found a few weeks before joining here while wanting to read up on other atheists during the third day of a painful detoxification.

I've been an atheist all my my life, although there was a period in my teens when I tried to follow some of my sister's Pagan beliefs. I couldn't buy into her goddess either so that's that.

I live in a bible belt area in the states where Christianity runs thick, obnoxious and hard to tolerate, so places like AF and TTA gives me a great escape from the evil clutches of the tyranny of Jesus and his minions.

I do love fantasy stories like LoTR, Final Fantasy, HP, Star Wars and various others. I even write fantasy novels for it is a personal love of mine. Excuse my typing, if you don't mind. I use my phone to log in usually, and swiping sometimes has a mind of its own.

I do frequent a lot of message boards so I'll likely vanish for long periods of time eventually, but as long as I'm not banned I will always return. Alrighty, well I think that is about it. Later.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 2 users Like Elskidor's post
18-06-2014, 02:24 PM
(18-06-2014 12:36 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  Hi

I'm 31 and I've been here a month or so, and found you guys by reading mentions of this place on AF, which I found a few weeks before joining here while wanting to read up on other atheists during the third day of a painful detoxification.

I've been an atheist all my my life, although there was a period in my teens when I tried to follow some of my sister's Pagan beliefs. I couldn't buy into her goddess either so that's that.

I live in a bible belt area in the states where Christianity runs thick, obnoxious and hard to tolerate, so places like AF and TTA gives me a great escape from the evil clutches of the tyranny of Jesus and his minions.

I do love fantasy stories like LoTR, Final Fantasy, HP, Star Wars and various others. I even write fantasy novels for it is a personal love of mine. Excuse my typing, if you don't mind. I use my phone to log in usually, and swiping sometimes has a mind of its own.

I do frequent a lot of message boards so I'll likely vanish for long periods of time eventually, but as long as I'm not banned I will always return. Alrighty, well I think that is about it. Later.

Hey, from what I've seen of you you're pretty cool Smile Welcome Smile Not that you really need it - you're already one of us... but ja... Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Hello all!

Glad to a member of The Thinking Atheist forum. I'm a huge fan of the podcast.SmileSmileSmileSmile
[+] 3 users Like bubbajenkins01's post
19-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Hi

New member from South West of UK!

Been a non-believer since childhood because none of it (Christianity) made much sense (and the Apollo missions failed to bump into heaven while they were up there).

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a/ohmy.gif
[+] 3 users Like Hotspur's post
21-06-2014, 03:52 AM
I can't share my name (I have concerns) however friends call me Rad ,I'm from Persia ,20 years old and I'm currently busy in double majors IT and English literature

"Dare to think!"
-Kant
21-06-2014, 04:38 AM
Welcome, to our new members Smile
Enjoy your stay.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
21-06-2014, 06:10 AM
(21-06-2014 03:52 AM)apolemicist Wrote:  I can't share my name (I have concerns) however friends call me Rad ,I'm from Persia ,20 years old and I'm currently busy in double majors IT and English literature

Hi, I read your deconversion story so I get why you've withheld your name.

No problem with that.

Welcome aboard

Thread Closed