Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
21-06-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
hi, i'm pete, i'm 32 and live in eastbourne. i'm new on this board but hope to have some good input to the community. sorry for spelling in advance, not my strong point. and i can't do caps as i split wine on my keybord. hope to engage with some interesting people.
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2014, 07:07 PM
(21-06-2014 05:55 PM)pete Wrote:  hi, i'm pete, i'm 32 and live in eastbourne. i'm new on this board but hope to have some good input to the community. sorry for spelling in advance, not my strong point. and i can't do caps as i split wine on my keybord. hope to engage with some interesting people.

We have other members whose spelling is worse than that.

We haz a grammar nazi or two here... so be prepared to be corrected. Try to look at it as a spell-check service rather than criticism.

When you have time, I'd love to compare notes on wine-splitting ... I've been trying to do that for years.

Welcome, fellow Brit, good to have you here.

Smile

22-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Hello, my name is Brett, I'm from Oklahoma. (Same state that Seth Andrews is from)
I was an agnostic for about 25 years, after an argument with my mom over religion I realized it was time to resolve exactly what I believed about deities. I realized I was really an atheist after re-examination of my beliefs, I then embraced the idea of critical thinking and have been happily learning about a world outside of the cumbersome mental bubble of Christian fundamentalism that I was raised in.

I've come late to the game a couple of years ago at the age of 46, but nonetheless, I have broken the chains that subdued my mind. It's really a joy to read about the scientific facts on evolution without worrying about Jesus frowning about your apostasy.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
22-06-2014, 01:59 PM
(22-06-2014 01:17 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Hello, my name is Brett, I'm from Oklahoma. (Same state that Seth Andrews is from)
I was an agnostic for about 25 years, after an argument with my mom over religion I realized it was time to resolve exactly what I believed about deities. I realized I was really an atheist after re-examination of my beliefs, I then embraced the idea of critical thinking and have been happily learning about a world outside of the cumbersome mental bubble of Christian fundamentalism that I was raised in.

I've come late to the game a couple of years ago at the age of 46, but nonetheless, I have broken the chains that subdued my mind. It's really a joy to read about the scientific facts on evolution without worrying about Jesus frowning about your apostasy.

Welcome to the forum.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Hello All!
I'm 36, mother of 2, currently a stay-at-home mom and a part time student working on my Pre-Biology Associate in Science in the middle of the USA.
I realized I was an atheist 4 years ago and have been slowly coming out but I have a way to go.
Looking forward to meeting y'all!
23-06-2014, 08:34 PM
(23-06-2014 08:23 PM)GeekyGirl42 Wrote:  Hello All!
I'm 36, mother of 2, currently a stay-at-home mom and a part time student working on my Pre-Biology Associate in Science in the middle of the USA.
I realized I was an atheist 4 years ago and have been slowly coming out but I have a way to go.
Looking forward to meeting y'all!

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
25-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Hi,

It feels a little strange right now talking to myself and thinking, I may get a Hi from someone!!

Well, Atheist from the age of 10. JW mum who does not like the fact that the religious grafting never took!
Dad was a CID a policeman who investigated nasty crimes! And he gave me the best advice ever.
"You can only send a man to jail for what you can prove to a jury! You can not convict on what you think you know"!!

I have taken that and have applied it to my life in science! And to my mums regret I applied it to the god thing also!!

So her I am 48 and falling apart! And only now am I starting to get a bit more militant as I have just given religion a free-pass but not any more!!
[+] 1 user Likes JONES's post
25-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Hiya Jones Smile Welcome to our lil' corner of da internets.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey I technically joined the forum months ago but I only started participating in discussions today so I'm sort of new.

I recently moved to Seattle, WA from Phoenix, AZ. I work as a technician at a nuclear pharmacy. I'm interested in hardcore, punk, and metal music mostly. I'm also really into sci-fi/fantasy novels and comics, Scandinavian mythology, and video games.

I grew up in an evangelical/Pentecostal Christian family. Most of the adults in my family are ministers of some kind from my cousins to my aunts and uncles to my grandparents (prison ministers). I started questioning my indoctrinated beliefs around the age of 16 and by the time I graduated high school I was a closeted atheist. It wasn't until I moved out of state (I was in Kentucky) that I gained the courage to be more vocal about my apostasy.

I love that communities like this exist now. It's a luxury that I did not have back then. It's scary out there and it's good that people now have more places to go for support and to get their thoughts out. I'm into it!
[+] 1 user Likes KyleRuby's post
25-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Oh and I turned 30 earlier this month.
Thread Closed