Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
02-07-2014, 12:59 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone. My name is Chris and I just joined this forum. I am wondering about religion and the world right now and I am somewhat bored and it is summer so I guess I came by to talk around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 03:39 PM
(02-07-2014 10:05 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(01-07-2014 05:12 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  I am Venerable Rinpoche Chodak.

What are you qualifications as a cleric?

Quote:I was born Patrick Henry, and I live in California. There I became a Buddhist, disciple of the Living Buddha and Primordial Vajradhara H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. http://www.truebuddhadharma.org/ There you can learn more about this great man and his work. I was recognized by His Holiness that I am a Rinpoche, or a reincarnated Dharma King. I, of course being Buddhist, am an atheist and therefore believe in no Gods at all.

Reincarnated Dharma King, huh? Sounds fancy.

(01-07-2014 05:49 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Though I mantain that HH Dorje Chang Buddha III is the wisest and most powerful Buddha that ever lived, as without him there would be no Buddhism.

[citation needed]

Drinking Beverage

Welcome to the Snake Pit.

Dodgy

There would be no Buddhism without HH Dorje Chang Buddha, III because without him there would never have been the first enlightened being, himself!
02-07-2014, 03:42 PM
(02-07-2014 03:39 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  There would be no Buddhism without HH Dorje Chang Buddha, III because without him there would never have been the first enlightened being, himself!

Why's he Chang Buddha III then? Mark I and II not make the cut?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-07-2014, 03:46 PM
(02-07-2014 03:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 03:39 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  There would be no Buddhism without HH Dorje Chang Buddha, III because without him there would never have been the first enlightened being, himself!

Why's he Chang Buddha III then? Mark I and II not make the cut?

The first incarnation was his primordial form, a formless Dharma Vehicle, his second form was the Celestial Vairocana Perfection Dharma Buddha, and he has come into our world for this Dharma-Ending age to light way for Maitreya!
05-07-2014, 07:12 AM
Hello from Japan!

I'm actually an American, born and raised in Orange County California, transplanted in Japan about 20 years ago(I'm 46 now). Not military. Just an English teacher. My interests include pizza making(you can see my channel on YouTube), surfing and dissecting apologetics linguistically, because so many excuses for Yahweh are just language play.

Anyway, I've been living in a country that is roughly 60% non-believers, 30% who think maybe there is/are gods but aren't serious about it, and about 10% who are Mormon missionaries, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christians, Catholics or converts of them. Here, I can safely tell all of my customers(students) that I am an atheist and not one of them gives a rats ass. Nice, huh?!

I've been listening to TTA podcast for about 6 months now, as well as over half of the archived episodes. Seth , you are truly a much needed breath of fresh air for atheists and free-thinkers all over the world. So glad that you do the show and I always can't wait til Wednesdays!!
05-07-2014, 01:01 PM
(05-07-2014 07:12 AM)fidelmontoya Wrote:  ...
dissecting apologetics linguistically, because so many excuses for Yahweh are just language play.

歓迎

Looking forward to seeing that scalpel in action.

Smile

05-07-2014, 07:12 PM
(05-07-2014 07:12 AM)fidelmontoya Wrote:  Hello from Japan!

I'm actually an American, born and raised in Orange County California, transplanted in Japan about 20 years ago(I'm 46 now). Not military. Just an English teacher. My interests include pizza making(you can see my channel on YouTube), surfing and dissecting apologetics linguistically, because so many excuses for Yahweh are just language play.

Anyway, I've been living in a country that is roughly 60% non-believers, 30% who think maybe there is/are gods but aren't serious about it, and about 10% who are Mormon missionaries, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christians, Catholics or converts of them. Here, I can safely tell all of my customers(students) that I am an atheist and not one of them gives a rats ass. Nice, huh?!

I've been listening to TTA podcast for about 6 months now, as well as over half of the archived episodes. Seth , you are truly a much needed breath of fresh air for atheists and free-thinkers all over the world. So glad that you do the show and I always can't wait til Wednesdays!!

You should teach me how to survive in japan as I want to move there. Welcome here is your welcome shark.

[Image: Caribbean_reef_shark.jpg]

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
05-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Welcome, dive in! Big Grin

Woooo! Gonna get some cold cuts today! - Icky Woods
05-07-2014, 09:31 PM
(05-07-2014 07:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You should teach me how to survive in japan as I want to move there. Welcome here is your welcome shark.

LOL. You don't even need to speak Japanese to live in Japan. We also have Costco if we really can't do without food from home. Crime, while it exists, is almost unnoticeable. If you lose your wallet on a train or bus, there's a 95% chance you'll get it returned to you with all the money still in it. We've had major earthquakes with major damage here twice since I moved here in '94 and not a single instance of looting.

Long story, short...no survival skills necessary and it's safe to live here. Buy a ticket and come on out to Japan!! Cool
05-07-2014, 10:08 PM
(05-07-2014 09:31 PM)fidelmontoya Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 07:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You should teach me how to survive in japan as I want to move there. Welcome here is your welcome shark.

LOL. You don't even need to speak Japanese to live in Japan. We also have Costco if we really can't do without food from home. Crime, while it exists, is almost unnoticeable. If you lose your wallet on a train or bus, there's a 95% chance you'll get it returned to you with all the money still in it. We've had major earthquakes with major damage here twice since I moved here in '94 and not a single instance of looting.

Long story, short...no survival skills necessary and it's safe to live here. Buy a ticket and come on out to Japan!! Cool

What about if I want to be a zoologist in japan? Damn I am so glad you joined.Big Grin

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM