Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
10-07-2011, 07:56 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(10-07-2011 12:00 AM)QTpieRsquared Wrote:  Hi, my name is Stacey.

Hi Stacey, great moniker you circular cutie pi you. Wink

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2011, 09:29 AM

Hi I'm Andrew and I live in Starkville, MS. I'm starting to become more and more open about my atheism. I've been an atheist for about 6 years now (I'm 20) but my final "okay there is no god" happened around the time of my mothers death. Unfortunately everyone attributes that to me being angry at god, in which I return asking how can I be angry at that which does not exist? I've been outcast more and more from society as a whole, even though christians are supposed to be soooo loving and what not. Luckily there's a small group of about 8 people who have formed a free thinkers, agnostics, and atheists group here at MSU so I have a few people I'm able to relate to. Unfortunately its hard to get people because other students tear our down our posters as soon as we put them up almost. I'm starting to question whether or not I'm a closeted anti-deist or not, as I've been following onkneesforjesus and some of the things I've seen from christian brainwashing have just plain angered me. But yeah. :3 Also I like pie. c:
12-07-2011, 11:38 PM
I want to thank The Thinking Atheist, first and foremost, You Have An Awesome Show!!!

Well since it is in style for us to say what made it 'come out' I shall not break that mold. I am a 22 year old female and was very much raised in freethinking household, Mom and Dad would make us kids believe in some silly thing, like electricity that is used in our home come solely from lightning. Then us kids would of course find out later from a carefully chosen Magic School Bus book that mom and dad...lied to us. Little actions like that shaped me incredibly. I don't trust the government any farther than I can throw it and I work for it!

I am a proud member of the United States Air Force. I never bought into the religious heebee jeebee... but I never thought it mattered; then I joined the military. That changed quick. I realized that I needed to defend my position and, if you'll my pardon my military parlance, I was out of ammo. The god Delusion followed shortly after that and I have not stopped reasoning and exploring since.

I am known around work as 'Commie' for my leftist social views and atheism (although I am a bit of a fiscal conservative), and I take it as a mark of pride, for good or ill.
13-07-2011, 05:51 PM

Hello my name is Khris{Full name Khriston} i am a Pagan/Musician with a very short temper and not all to happy i barley smile and i not to found of bugs.
13-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Hello fellow non believers.My name is Mr Woof and I'm here to help. Obviously I don't want to hinder.
I like philosophy, working out, movies,current affairs, speculation, thinking, football, white wine, sensitive people, learning new things, engaging other views, keeping calm,psychology smiling, meditation, nature and trying to be a reasonably decent person.
I belong to a laugh group and am a journalist. I have done a little voluntary work here and there (guilt eraser?) and am probably more of a middle of the road atheist than a hard liner. This does not mean I am an agnostic and in some ways I deny the existence of god more than the more militant.
Oh yes, I am about 99% vego and have a cat and a wife.
Gdonizall-------Mr Woof.Dodgy
15-07-2011, 03:03 AM

Hello.My name is Cosmin and I'm a guy from Romania(i bet you know where that is Big Grin).I'll be 15 in a month and I think I'm probably the only atheist in my hometown,Moreni.I'm fat,I have big hair and I don't like people(because,at least in this fucking country) they are so very stupid,so obviously people don't like me.I like Green Day and Rise Against,purple,and studying people,mainly to find out why they're so stupid.I've been an atheist since I was 10,cause until then I didn't care about/for religion.I hope someday i'll get out of tis country and find people that I like and I consider worthy of talking to Big Grin
15-07-2011, 06:56 PM
G'gay Cosmin
(15-07-2011 03:03 AM)Crossfire Wrote:  Hello.My name is Cosmin and I'm a guy from Romania(i bet you know where that is Big Grin).I'll be 15 in a month and I think I'm probably the only atheist in my hometown,Moreni.I'm fat,I have big hair and I don't like people(because,at least in this fucking country) they are so very stupid,so obviously people don't like me.I like Green Day and Rise Against,purple,and studying people,mainly to find out why they're so stupid.I've been an atheist since I was 10,cause until then I didn't care about/for religion.I hope someday i'll get out of tis country and find people that I like and I consider worthy of talking to Big Grin

G,day mate.
Just read your blog; I like studying people too.People can be annoying but try and play it cool. Not all atheists are good people and all religious people aren't bad.
If people don't like your ideas sometimes its better just to ignore them.
Cheers~~~~Mr Woof.
15-07-2011, 11:41 PM
(15-07-2011 03:03 AM)Crossfire Wrote:  I'll be 15 in a month and I think I'm probably the only atheist in my hometown,Moreni.

So many enlightened youth here. I don't know whether to be proud or scared. Probably both.

(15-07-2011 03:03 AM)Crossfire Wrote:  I'm fat,I have big hair and I don't like people(because,at least in this fucking country) they are so very stupid,so obviously people don't like me.

Fair enough.

#sigh
16-07-2011, 05:41 PM

Ok, hi. My name is Bethany, I'm sixteen years old.
I was on facebook with my friend and asked him randomly for a forum, any forum he think I'd like, and recommended this one. After looking through it for a little bit I signed up.

I love writing, oceanography, and astronomy.
I was raised as Catholic, but I don't ever remember believing anything. I just kind of went with it. It wasn't until I turned 11 that I would say I called myself an atheist.

Looking forward to posting on here. Tongue
18-07-2011, 12:52 PM

Good evening everyone. I blacked out somewhere in the back alleys of the internet and when I came to, I was here. And, seeing as I am, I may as well regale you with anecdotes.

As the name suggests, I'm Nicho. I've been an atheist all my adult life, but before that I was your average run of the mill non-devout mainstream Anglican.

Highlight of my life as a Christian: I once prayed every night for a year to prevent Saddamn Hussein from launching chemical weapons at the UK, and it worked, but of course I later learned he never had them at all. I see that as God listening to me and changing time so he never had any. You're welcome.

I can't remember when the change came, or how, but I think it was in my late teens. The final realisation hit me on holiday as I was working on some stories: the vast leaps to assume the Universe features one or more beings interested enough in the fleeting flash that is human life compared to geological time yet still chose to hide themselves in a non-obvious way suddenly seeming apparent.

Highlight of my career as an atheist: Walking past university one day I was stopped by a girl with a ballot box type thing. I didn't break my stride. She asked if I wanted to attend a debate with a Christian Scientist. THAT broke my stride and I turned and gave her the freakiest grin ever.

"Yes. Yes, I would."

So I went into the room where the debate was to be held, helped myself to the Chrisitian Union brought sandwiches and jaffa cakes, and waited for the show to start. The scientist never showed so instead it became a debate in a circle about things. I sat waiting, my expression a blank poker face, until the trigger word "Evolution is just a theory" was sprang, at which point I engaged the entire group (30+ people) on science, evolution and atheism, emerging as close to victory as could be said to be possible. Afterwards the leaders insisted on shaking my hand. To this date I have no idea why.

So, yes. Hello all.
Thread Closed