Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
15-08-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi everyone,

I am a 36 year old Englishman from the garden of England (Kent). I spend way to much time on the interweb and playing games Tongue, I have been happily married for almost 6 years and I have 3 small hairy kids (dogs) Smile
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2014, 02:40 PM
(15-08-2014 02:33 PM)Jonfumaster Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I am a 36 year old Englishman from the garden of England (Kent). I spend way to much time on the interweb and playing games Tongue, I have been happily married for almost 6 years and I have 3 small hairy kids (dogs) Smile

Welcome! Just jump in anywhere and make yourself at home....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Hey Ya'll

Been lurking here and enjoyed it too much not to sign up. Did 12 years of catholic school as a natural skeptic and went on to study electrical engineering in college. I have been designing computers for 25 years. I think I finally accepted the fact that I am an atheist about 2 years ago. Childhood Indoctrination is such a powerful force against rationality during the formative years. I live down south, in a religious town and every easter a jesus actor drags a huge cross around mainstreet. Despite this most of the people are reasonable and very friendly.
[+] 1 user Likes church_organ's post
17-08-2014, 03:05 PM
(17-08-2014 02:25 PM)church_organ Wrote:  Hey Ya'll

Been lurking here and enjoyed it too much not to sign up. Did 12 years of catholic school as a natural skeptic and went on to study electrical engineering in college. I have been designing computers for 25 years. I think I finally accepted the fact that I am an atheist about 2 years ago. Childhood Indoctrination is such a powerful force against rationality during the formative years. I live down south, in a religious town and every easter a jesus actor drags a huge cross around mainstreet. Despite this most of the people are reasonable and very friendly.

Welcome! We have many (myself included) who were heavily indoctronated. Please stick around!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-08-2014, 01:11 AM
Hello and Good Day! Smile

I am plain, normal looking person and shorter than regular people around me.

When I was aware that I was not belong or follow the bible?
Hmm.. I can't say the exactly but there is a moment in my life that I pray so hard and
God didn't give an answer....... just nothing. I begone to doubt and question
"Is there even a God?"

I just found this site because of youtube.
Divine intervention? I don't think so. I don't believe the God in the bible at all.

Just stopping by to register and let all know that I am one with you.

Evil is define by its act not by its appearance!
[Image: DevimonsSig.jpg]
20-08-2014, 11:49 AM
(20-08-2014 01:11 AM)devimon Wrote:  Hello and Good Day! Smile

I am plain, normal looking person and shorter than regular people around me.

When I was aware that I was not belong or follow the bible?
Hmm.. I can't say the exactly but there is a moment in my life that I pray so hard and
God didn't give an answer....... just nothing. I begone to doubt and question
"Is there even a God?"

I just found this site because of youtube.
Divine intervention? I don't think so. I don't believe the God in the bible at all.

Just stopping by to register and let all know that I am one with you.

Welcome, Shorty. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi! I'm an angry ex mennocostal from Illinois. Long story. Been a fan of Thinking Atheist for years, finally signed up.
[+] 2 users Like dippitydoo237's post
20-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Hi I'm David. I am 17 years old, live in the UK, and I have been an atheist since I was 8. Since the Bill Nye / Ken Ham debate, I have been seriously researching religion and philosophy (and by that I mean listening to hours of youtube videos of public debates to episodes of The Atheist Experience and podcasts, and the odd fallacy collection on the interwebs) and have been searching for good arguments for god, only to tear them to shreds.
I have been an open atheist since I stopped believing, and came to the conclusion myself with Christianity all around me. It was that friendly liberal Christianity that never makes nonreligious people uncomfortable. I then went on to a grammar school where almost nobody subscribes to religion, but most of them call themselves "agnostic" which bugs me to this day.
I am glad to have found this site and hope to find some great discussions for the future...

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
[+] 2 users Like spinosauruskin's post
20-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Hello all.
I'm a 33 years old Correctional Officer from the great state of Texas. I am a father of one beautiful 4 year old girl, have been married for almost 10 years. But all is not sunshine, I am a lone atheist in the bible belt area. I every time I come across something I want to share I look around and see that no one in my circle of friends and family would appreciate it, worse I'm likely to offend and start an argument. Joining the community, rather than lurking, is my only hope to avoid making a second facebook account just to spread nifty videos and conversation topics.

Cheers! I'm here.
Riff
[+] 2 users Like Riff.Freelance's post
20-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Welcom dippity, spin, and riff!

Riff, you're reason for joining was mine as well. This place can be a great outlet for you Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Thread Closed