21-08-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Howdy howdy ho infidels.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
21-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Hello there,

No Gods, no monsters: you know it makes sense.
[+] 2 users Like Rev Dr. T Dwayne Killebrew III's post
22-08-2014, 02:08 AM
hi everyone, i'm only interested in what is true....... hence the reason i'm here.
22-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Hi, I actually found out about The Thinking Atheist through YouTube when I was in the middle of watching some EdwardCurrent videos. I am also a fan of DarkMatter2525 and NonStampCollector. Anyway, I was curious about atheism and also searched for some atheist forums on Google, but The Thinking Atheist still happened to stand out for me the most, and I thought that I'd give it a shot.

I also became interested and curious about atheism and evolution because there were a lot of things I was taught that were completely false about both subjects in my formative years. I'm still new to atheism, and have first checked out Richard Dawkins shows, debates, interviews and documentaries on YouTube. I also got around to getting The God Delusion and The Blind Watchmaker and eventually hope to get more of his books.
[+] 2 users Like Kris's post
23-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi! Just found these forums. I was a long time outspoken heathen on Facebook. Going to hang around here for a bit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Welcome, enjoy your stay.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
23-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Hello. My name is Kristen and I'm new to this forum.

A little about me:
I'm a former Mormon, now Atheist, with five other siblings.
I used to play paintball professionally for a few years.
I'm a former US Navy submarine sonar technician (Virginia class).
I'm transgender (male to female).
I'm currently going to school for a bachelors in healthcare administration.
I'm a proud gun owner and am happy to say I've never had to use them.
I'm a bit of an emergency prepper.
I like to play airsoft on the weekends occasionally.
And I love shopping at arts & crafts stores (except hobby lobby, screw those guys).
23-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Welcome welcome all newbies Big Grin

relax, you can enjoy reason, logic, sarcasm and interesting topics, as well as the public roasting of the occasional creationists who come into the forum to teach us heathens a thing or two about jesus. Drooling

Now of course we enjoy sharing different points of view with people from all walks of life and personal beliefs, you won't get roasted unless you start throwing scripture around, then it is all bets off hehe.

Stat a thread, search some threads, listen to the podcasts, ask questions, share....let your hair down and enjoy the sane side of the web.

Tongue

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
25-08-2014, 10:47 AM
I am a former Christian who is convinced that the entire Bible is allegory. I first became suspicious of the allegoric nature of the Bible during the two years of study that eventually freed me of my Christian beliefs. After renouncing my Christian beliefs it took me only a few months of additional study for me to become convinced that the Bible was allegory.

I seem to be the only atheist that has made any serious effort to decipher Biblical allegory and naturally this bothers me, since it makes me feel that I am viewed as some kind of nut case whenever I attempt to share my views. For the first 8 years after my discovery, I was constantly questioning my own sanity since what I was finding seemed so incredible. It was not until I turned to Kabbalah that I realized that I had to be onto something real, since I had already discerned many Kabalistic ideas from my study of allegory.

Once I determined that I was dealing with allegory, all the pieces of a vast puzzle seemed to begin to fall into place. It seems so obvious and clear to me that I find it hard to understand why others fail to see it. Even the most superficial observations provide clues. The world is "flat" with four corners because it was created on the written page. "Eternal life" is gained in the literal meaning of words, while "death" is found in the underworld of hidden meanings. When we "christen" something we name it, in the same way we assign a metaphor. (Superficial observation is just one tool in my tool box.)

If I am correct, then atheists could have a vast new arsenal with which to attack religious groups, but I lack the credentials to be taken seriously and I lack the literary skill to adequately describe this incredible "spider's web" that I have discovered. I can only hope that someday a seed that I plant on forums such as this will take root with someone better equipped to bring it to life.
[+] 1 user Likes Anti-oil's post
Thread Closed