Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
25-08-2014, 10:48 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
hello everyone! my name is joe and i am not a spambot. i am a recovering theist from south georgia and am excited to finally become a part of this community!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like mozeef98's post
25-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Welcome! I am sure you will enjoy your stay and learn much. Listen to some podcasts, read some threads, start a thread...got a question? Search function may bring you to an old thread where it was broke down in great detail. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
25-08-2014, 04:06 PM
(25-08-2014 10:48 AM)mozeef98 Wrote:  hello everyone! my name is joe and i am not a spambot. i am a recovering theist from south georgia and am excited to finally become a part of this community!

Welcome Joe! Look forward to hearing more from you Smile

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
25-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Hello everyone, My name is Shawn. I came here looking for discussions and to hopefully pick up some topics to write about on my blog. I hope to see you all around. Take care!

Please visit my blog at whatisatheism.blogspot.com.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-08-2014, 04:30 PM
(25-08-2014 04:16 PM)Shawn Wrote:  Hello everyone, My name is Shawn. I came here looking for discussions and to hopefully pick up some topics to write about on my blog. I hope to see you all around. Take care!

Welcome aboard, oh hairless one.

25-08-2014, 04:31 PM
(25-08-2014 04:16 PM)Shawn Wrote:  Hello everyone, My name is Shawn. I came here looking for discussions and to hopefully pick up some topics to write about on my blog. I hope to see you all around. Take care!
Any topics in particular?

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
25-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Generally, holes in christian theory or doctrine. I know that is very broad, but perhaps I will stumble on some subjects that aren't completely overdone.

Please visit my blog at whatisatheism.blogspot.com.
25-08-2014, 06:34 PM
(25-08-2014 04:50 PM)Shawn Wrote:  Generally, holes in christian theory or doctrine. I know that is very broad, but perhaps I will stumble on some subjects that aren't completely overdone.

Smile you will find truck fulls.

welcome

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
25-08-2014, 09:37 PM
(29-01-2014 09:25 PM)GwenB3 Wrote:  Hi all,
I just joined a few minutes ago.

I'm currently living in upstate NY, USA. I'm in my mid-40's and after a 10 year journey out of faith just recently was able to say out loud, "I think, I'm an atheist." followed by "I hope, if I'm wrong, that god will understand my doubt."

Thanks to the videos on this sight and others found on You Tube, I can now say, "right now, I am an atheist". I just can't tell my missionary parents, or Pentecostal ordained minister sister, or my facebook friends.

I'm a former conservative, fundamental, evangelical, creationist, turned atheist.
Most of my facebook friends know me from my time either as a regional Bible quizzing champ, or missionary, or Pastor's wife, or Christian Book Store owner, or homeschooler, or teen leader, etc, etc.

My husband and children are all very supportive. My 21 yr old daughter could only say 'Now?'. She wishes I'd come to this realization much earlier in her life.

I hope to become a part of this community as I continue to discover the world without the filter of a 'just god'.

Welcome. I hope we can help you on your journey.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
27-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Hi all.

33 year old working professional, I've been a non-theist since at least high-school.

I listened to Seth's podcast for about a year, and really enjoyed it because it was more than just an echo-chamber stroking other atheist egos. I gave it up, though, around the beginning of the year (for some reasons I'll get to later).

I recently started listening again after not finding any other atheist-based podcast that's as high-minded, open-minded, and understanding of non-non-believers.

I come to the forums looking to understand other listeners, air some thoughts I've had about "atheology," and to engage fellow skeptics/critical thinkers on some non-religious topics.
[+] 1 user Likes CryptoLaw's post
Thread Closed