Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
27-08-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(27-08-2014 09:08 PM)CryptoLaw Wrote:  Hi all.

33 year old working professional, I've been a non-theist since at least high-school.

I listened to Seth's podcast for about a year, and really enjoyed it because it was more than just an echo-chamber stroking other atheist egos. I gave it up, though, around the beginning of the year (for some reasons I'll get to later).

I recently started listening again after not finding any other atheist-based podcast that's as high-minded, open-minded, and understanding of non-non-believers.

I come to the forums looking to understand other listeners, air some thoughts I've had about "atheology," and to engage fellow skeptics/critical thinkers on some non-religious topics.

Hey man, good to have you on the forum. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
28-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi there,

I didn't realize that I was an atheist until one night, when my hubby announced that he's been visited by Jesus. I almost fell of the bed we had been sitting on. That was about two years ago. I live in the Bible Belt and feel isolated.
28-08-2014, 03:46 PM
welcome crypto

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-08-2014, 06:22 PM
(27-08-2014 09:08 PM)CryptoLaw Wrote:  Hi all.

33 year old working professional, I've been a non-theist since at least high-school.

I listened to Seth's podcast for about a year, and really enjoyed it because it was more than just an echo-chamber stroking other atheist egos. I gave it up, though, around the beginning of the year (for some reasons I'll get to later).

I recently started listening again after not finding any other atheist-based podcast that's as high-minded, open-minded, and understanding of non-non-believers.

I come to the forums looking to understand other listeners, air some thoughts I've had about "atheology," and to engage fellow skeptics/critical thinkers on some non-religious topics.

Welcome to our forum.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
28-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Well, I didn't see that you had to introduce yourself before you posted something ha oh well. I guess I'll introduce myself now anyway, Hi my name is Austin and I'm 17 from sweet home Alabama.
28-08-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm a 26 year old husband, father, and lifelong learner. I'll be upfront in that I am Christian, but I am very interested in both learning about criticisms directed at my faith and I enjoy helping others dispel their misconceptions about Christianity, because if a person is going to deny something, they should probably have an accurate picture of it first, right?

Anyway, I don't want to flame anyone. I respect you all as fellow human beings who are doing your best to understand existence just as I am.

If you want to flame me, go for it. I'm fairly used to it. But I will try my best to discuss and argue in a respectful and thoughtful manner.
28-08-2014, 09:47 PM
(28-08-2014 09:03 PM)Dyntheist Wrote:  ...
If you want to flame me, go for it. I'm fairly used to it. But I will try my best to discuss and argue in a respectful and thoughtful manner.

Yup. I think the last christian who entered these dangerous waters said something like that too.

It didn't end well Wink

Just kidding.

Welcome aboard

28-08-2014, 09:50 PM
(28-08-2014 08:59 PM)aushill Wrote:  Well, I didn't see that you had to introduce yourself before you posted something ha oh well. I guess I'll introduce myself now anyway, Hi my name is Austin and I'm 17 from sweet home Alabama.

Welcome, sir.

One of our Mods was a 17 year old from Alabama (last year).

No obligation to intro yourself btw Smile

28-08-2014, 09:52 PM
(28-08-2014 03:20 PM)oogie44 Wrote:  Hi there,

I didn't realize that I was an atheist until one night, when my hubby announced that he's been visited by Jesus. I almost fell of the bed we had been sitting on. That was about two years ago. I live in the Bible Belt and feel isolated.

Is 'visited' a euphemism for some weird, bible belt, ceremony?

Scary!

Welcome, you are no longer alone. Thumbsup

28-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Welcome new members Smile

(28-08-2014 09:03 PM)Dyntheist Wrote:  Anyway, I don't want to flame anyone. I respect you all as fellow human beings who are doing your best to understand existence just as I am.

If that's true then...

Quote:If you want to flame me, go for it. I'm fairly used to it. But I will try my best to discuss and argue in a respectful and thoughtful manner.

... this won't happen.

You seem like you're pretty prepared for this place - just remember we have no filters here - swearing, blaspheming the name of whatever random God comes up - it's all par for the course. If you can deal with that, you'll be fine and we'll laugh *with* you. If not - we'll laugh at you Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Thread Closed