Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
29-08-2014, 07:35 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
He-ya folks!
I have been lurking the forums for years, so i figured it was time i get involved.
i deconverted about 12 years ago from mormonism, after being raised in a mormon household.
I have gleaned a lot of inspiration and knowledge from these forums and TTA as a whole. My understand of religion, with help from this community, is much stronger as an atheist then it ever was when i was one of the devout.
keep up the good work. You folks here are awesome!
Find all posts by this user
29-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Lightbulb First Post
(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?

I could not find where to paste my activation code, so I am trying this.
29-08-2014, 08:47 AM
(29-08-2014 07:35 AM)Gordon Blue Wrote:  ...
You folks here are awesome!

Flattery will get you anywhere. Big Grin

Good to have you here.

29-08-2014, 08:49 AM
(29-08-2014 08:45 AM)DaveW Wrote:  ...
I could not find where to paste my activation code, so I am trying this.

It seems to have worked Thumbsup

Welcome, code-breaker.

29-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Hello,
I am a 37 year old Geologist. I was raised in a mormon household but never really believed. I fought for my freedom while in middle school and won after 2 years of fighting with my parents who are still mormon. I am married to a non practicing christian. We have two kids, a boy and a girl. I came out as an atheist after high school but identified my self as one my junior year.

I could go on but those are the basics.
[+] 1 user Likes SkepticGeologist's post
29-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Hello everyone I am a 22 yr old black woman. I'm from a southen state in America, and I graduate from a four year university recently. For the past two years I've been reconsidering the Christian reigion. I was raised Baptist, Catholic, then non denomination. I don't want to change anyone's beliefs I'm just looking for personal support, and opinions about atheism, free thought, ect. I guess I love the process of learning, which caused me tr o question my parents' religion.
[+] 1 user Likes lboutt3's post
29-08-2014, 01:12 PM
(29-08-2014 11:00 AM)lboutt3 Wrote:  Hello everyone I am a 22 yr old black woman. I'm from a southen state in America, and I graduate from a four year university recently. For the past two years I've been reconsidering the Christian reigion. I was raised Baptist, Catholic, then non denomination. I don't want to change anyone's beliefs I'm just looking for personal support, and opinions about atheism, free thought, ect. I guess I love the process of learning, which caused me tr o question my parents' religion.

We'll try not to eat you Smile Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-08-2014, 01:15 PM
(29-08-2014 11:00 AM)lboutt3 Wrote:  Hello everyone I am a 22 yr old black woman. I'm from a southen state in America, and I graduate from a four year university recently. For the past two years I've been reconsidering the Christian reigion. I was raised Baptist, Catholic, then non denomination. I don't want to change anyone's beliefs I'm just looking for personal support, and opinions about atheism, free thought, ect. I guess I love the process of learning, which caused me tr o question my parents' religion.

Welcome, the first step is asking questions...we aren't here to de-convert you, but will help in your journey to truth if you so desire. If you have any questions, please let me know, I am fluent in Xtianity. Watch some podcasts, engage in some threads, enjoy your stay.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
30-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Hello,

My name is Jill - an atheist who lives in a small midwest bible belt town. Not too many opportunities to socialize with "like minded" people in person so thought I'd join this group.

I found The Thinking Atheist from a Richard Dawkins link on Facebook.

Thanks for being here.
[+] 1 user Likes jillSK's post
30-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Hello,

I am a forty something residing in US with lots of first world problems. I am, naturally, an atheist (actually more agnostic) which is why I am here. But mostly I am looking for a group of where I can freely discuss anything and everything. Free thinkers seem to be a good group for this purpose.

Cheers.
Thread Closed