Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
30-08-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Just joined this forum, I am a closet atheist. I need out ! !
Find all posts by this user
30-08-2014, 05:30 PM
(30-08-2014 02:40 PM)jillSK Wrote:  Hello,

My name is Jill - an atheist who lives in a small midwest bible belt town. Not too many opportunities to socialize with "like minded" people in person so thought I'd join this group.

I found The Thinking Atheist from a Richard Dawkins link on Facebook.

Thanks for being here.

No, no... thank you Smile

Welcome, Jill.

30-08-2014, 05:35 PM
(30-08-2014 03:24 PM)parsonii Wrote:  Hello,

I am a forty something residing in US with lots of first world problems. I am, naturally, an atheist (actually more agnostic) which is why I am here. But mostly I am looking for a group of where I can freely discuss anything and everything. Free thinkers seem to be a good group for this purpose.

Cheers.

They do, don't they.

We have a whole thread dedicated to first world problems

Looking forward to seeing yours Thumbsup

30-08-2014, 05:37 PM
(30-08-2014 04:35 PM)saywhat Wrote:  Just joined this forum, I am a closet atheist. I need out ! !

Here's a safe place to be virtually out whenever you need it.

30-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Welcome all! Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
01-09-2014, 05:19 PM
I can't believe it took me this long to find this website. I hope I am welcomed here. I'm quite an opinionated 'anti-Theist' Atheist and would love to discuss my opinions here. Hi Big Grin

[Image: tumblr_mhlahyonF51qaozevo1_250.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 02:17 AM
I wanted to type comment on the welcome thread and just say "Hi".
04-09-2014, 02:44 PM
I live in east Tennessee. Seth is the greatest! Love the talk he gave at the unholy trinity tour.
[+] 1 user Likes Toney's post
04-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Hello there all! I'm PaleoClipper, or Paleo if you like. If you meet me in real life I'll tell you my name. This may be a safe place, but I still worry. I have gotten some death threats before for being vocal about my atheism online, so I try to keep who I am rather quiet.

I was not raised an Atheist, I was actually raised Roman Catholic Angel. Not extreme or anything, heck, I didn't even hear about creationism until I was 23! Hah. But I lost my birth religion as it were when I was in high school, 1999 to be specific. My father died, and I remember being in the church alone, and telling God:
"If you don't heal my father the devil has a new bi:censored:ch."
Heh...I went to Wicca after that. Then some strange version of mixing the old Greek and Egyptian gods into my own strange psuedo-pagan religion. Then to nothing, but with a still concept that there were gods. Then I met a person at a fossil site I was working at who asked
"How does this relate to the flood?"
Huh? What flood? This was a cave system that collapsed in and made a lake.
"God's flood." Facepalm
I was dumbfounded. Then I researched, and found out I was, and had been for a while, an Atheist. I didn't have a word before that point. If people asked me, I said I was Pagan.

So, as my name suggests, I like Paleontology. I was studying to become a paleontologist focusing upon Miocene mammal teeth, but recently I have decided I'm going to become a psychologist (therapist) for those who have depression and addictions. I most certainly will be joining the Secular Therapist Project when I get my license, as I have no doubt that in 6 years we will still need therapists who do not say "well you just need god".

But here I am! PaleoClipper.

Why in the world I didn't get on TTA blog before I have no idea.
[+] 2 users Like PaleoClipper's post
04-09-2014, 07:37 PM
welcome Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Thread Closed