Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
05-09-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I`m Monica and I`m new here. I remember clearly the moment that I realized that life ended when I died. I think I was around 4 or 5 and was lying in bed, in the dark, while the babysitter downstairs was watching Dr.Who. The spooky theme music put me in a morbid mood and I realized that after I die, it would be nothingness, just the same as it was before I was born. Looking back, this was a very hefty revelation to have at that age, but there ya go.

Looking forward to some amazing discussions.

When you understand why you dismiss all of the other gods, you`ll understand why I dismiss yours.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WonderWomanKnits's post
05-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Welcome wonder woman...so what do you knit?

I made a bookmark once...took me 2 years.

Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-09-2014, 01:42 PM
(05-09-2014 01:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Welcome wonder woman...so what do you knit?

I made a bookmark once...took me 2 years.

Big Grin

[Image: h4B5609F5]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi,
I'm a 32 yo mom of 2 little ones. I'm a fairly new atheist, I deconverted around March. I'm still mostly in the closet, only my DH and 2 friends know.

I just found this site after listening to TTA for a few weeks now. I wanted something new to listen to that would speak to where I am now since I can't really talk about it IRL. I was so happy to find Seth's podcasts and have been listening as much as I can to old ones, particularly ones about coming out of the closet. I'm still very torn on this issue.

So anyway, hello all Smile
07-09-2014, 04:30 AM
Hello everybody, It has been a long time coming (50 years) but every passing day makes it easier to accept. That is I don't have faith in a being that sits back in silence while all sorts of evil is done in his most powerful name. I am seeing the life on our planet more and more for the reality it truly is! I hope to contribute to the conversations in this forum and take comfort in thoughtful post of others.
07-09-2014, 04:51 AM
Welcome all newcomers Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
07-09-2014, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 07:57 AM by Fidel_Castronaut.)
Already introduced myself a long(ish) time ago but Thought I'd say hi again FWIW.

I'm fidel Smile staff over at AF.org and an old regular at AF.com. Always found TTA to be cool but I mostly lurk around. Never been religious or believed in a god or gods. From England though so that's kind of the norm here now. Ardent secularist and disestablishmentarian, politically I'm egalitarian with no affiliation to either side but support fiscal conservatism with strong social justice and welfarism.

Anyway, hullo Smile

[Image: oie_9101658pvlrOK2Z_zpsd5fb1967.png]
07-09-2014, 07:55 AM
(07-09-2014 07:53 AM)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:  Already introduced myself a long(ish) time ago but Thought I'd say hi again FWIW.

I'm fidel Smile staff over at AF.org and an old regular at AF.com. Always found TTA to be cool but I mostly lurk around. Never been religious or believed in a god or gods. From England though so that's kind of the norm here now.

Anyway, hullo Smile

You are going to do just fine here. Want an eel

[Image: Moray+eel2.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
07-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Jellied eels used to be commonplace in London, but not so much anymore. Tastes change I guess.

But thanks MZ Smile

[Image: oie_9101658pvlrOK2Z_zpsd5fb1967.png]
07-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Half Century Non Believer
It took me over 60 yrs to FINALLY get here....thanks to Julia Sweeney's, one woman play, Letting Go of God......

But find it pretty lonely since I've come out....

Have a couple non-believer friends, but that's about it.
[+] 2 users Like jamin's post
Thread Closed