Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-09-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(09-09-2014 07:50 PM)Carla_Danger Wrote:  Hi everyone! I'm new. I'll be 49 this month and just came out of the closet this year. I considered myself a Christian until around 40. I came out as an agnostic several years later, but finally had to admit that I just don't believe. I'm also in the very Red state of Oklahoma. I'm smack dab in Bible belt USA. In small town Oklahoma, anytime you see a Church, you'll find a bar within the next block. LOL! Church, bar, Church, bar, bar Church. Okay, you get the picture.

I am a member of the Unitarian Church. I don't think I could survive this state without it. It's the only place I've been able to meet other atheists, like myself.

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi Carla, good to hear your story, I also "dabbled" with the UU church and had some great friends I met thru the UU group...all non-believers...

Yes, it has to a tough road living in the bible belt with "our" minds....I once thought I'd move to NC as I was getting tired of Los Angeles, and when I visited I could not imagine surviving there, Los Angeles is freedom of everything. I finally got off the fence in my 60's, I'm 76....
Find all posts by this user
09-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Big Grin RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(09-09-2014 09:13 PM)jamin Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 07:50 PM)Carla_Danger Wrote:  Hi everyone! I'm new. I'll be 49 this month and just came out of the closet this year. I considered myself a Christian until around 40. I came out as an agnostic several years later, but finally had to admit that I just don't believe. I'm also in the very Red state of Oklahoma. I'm smack dab in Bible belt USA. In small town Oklahoma, anytime you see a Church, you'll find a bar within the next block. LOL! Church, bar, Church, bar, bar Church. Okay, you get the picture.

I am a member of the Unitarian Church. I don't think I could survive this state without it. It's the only place I've been able to meet other atheists, like myself.

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi Carla, good to hear your story, I also "dabbled" with the UU church and had some great friends I met thru the UU group...all non-believers...

Yes, it has to a tough road living in the bible belt with "our" minds....I once thought I'd move to NC as I was getting tired of Los Angeles, and when I visited I could not imagine surviving there, Los Angeles is freedom of everything. I finally got off the fence in my 60's, I'm 76....

I think the UU Church is like an AA meeting for people trying to get over their past religion. LOL!

It's great to meet you too!
[+] 1 user Likes Carla_Danger's post
10-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Thank every one of you for your warm greetings and welcoming me into this wonderful site! I look forward to further reading threads and talking to y'all whenever possible :]

Also, to those who introduce themselves after me, welcome to the site!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 05:47 AM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey folks, I'm Rant. I found this place at the top of a Tapatalk search and after browsing a few threads decided to give it a go. I'm a young guy in the military which I like alright. I've been an atheist for as long as I can remember but have been wanting a place to discuss and critically think about religion and politics. Hopefully this is a good place for that. I look forward to meeting you all.
10-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Hi Rant and schrutie!
10-09-2014, 11:08 AM
(09-09-2014 09:47 PM)Carla_Danger Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 09:13 PM)jamin Wrote:  Hi Carla, good to hear your story, I also "dabbled" with the UU church and had some great friends I met thru the UU group...all non-believers...

I think the UU Church is like an AA meeting for people trying to get over their past religion. LOL!

It's great to meet you too!

This is true UU and AA and also I found Science of MInd in the 80's and many in that New Age philosophy are from religions they were born into.....
11-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Well, first post... must introduce myself... I guess, when introducing myself, I'll just BE myself, haha.

Well, as you can tell, my username is AlexNos, but you can call me Alex. I'm just above the age of legal adulthood and that's how vague all my personal information is going to be.

I found Seth's website through Facebook (and a multitude of links) and I feel it helps to know that there are more people out there like me. People who speak out against religious wrong-doings (and, frankly, religious idiocy.)

I guess that's all I'll say for now. I'm better at answering questions, so throw them at me!

-Alex

"We are what we believe ourselves to be." -AlexNos
11-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Welcome welcome! Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
12-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Hello All! Thumbsup

BTW a sincere congratulations goes out to all of you for making it here! While I'm new to the TTA forum, I've been a non-believer since I can remember. I have a number of stories to share and I'm looking forward to hearing your stories as well. I can tell you I've lived an eventful life but a responsible one for the most part. I didn't need to be god fearing to treat others with respect and have compassion for everyone. After all aren't we all connected and made of the same stuff? At 40 yrs old this guy is set in his ways you could say. Smartass
13-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi, militant atheist here. Banned from more christian debate forums than I care to remember.
Not that I'm rude, but I promote thoughts like:
"Religious poople should be excluded from decisions impacting other human beings". "Religion should be prohibitet by law".
One day, in the not to distant future, belief in a divine entity will be diagnosed as lunacy.

I,m not here to debate - Duh. I'm an atheist.

I guess I'm here to relax. Maybe I wont like it here. Time will tell.
Thread Closed