Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
19-07-2011, 03:23 AM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi all! I'm Gary. There doesn't seem to be a proper way to go about introducing myself so I'll just give a brief history of myself. I'm a snarky atheist these days but I was raised Catholic and that really didn't end well for them. I've been an atheist for about 10 years and could probably be called an anti-theist. That's the short story, I won't waste too much of your time, if there is ever anything you folks want to know about my religious past you should just ask! Take care all, and I'll get to know you all soon!

Ninja edit: I'm a hardcore fan of science. It won't make me special around here but it's worth saying.
19-07-2011, 11:23 AM
(19-07-2011 03:23 AM)Comrade Grrr Wrote:  Hi all! I'm Gary. There doesn't seem to be a proper way to go about introducing myself so I'll just give a brief history of myself. I'm a snarky atheist these days but I was raised Catholic and that really didn't end well for them. I've been an atheist for about 10 years and could probably be called an anti-theist. That's the short story, I won't waste too much of your time, if there is ever anything you folks want to know about my religious past you should just ask! Take care all, and I'll get to know you all soon!

Ninja edit: I'm a hardcore fan of science. It won't make me special around here but it's worth saying.

Hi Gary, what makes you special is your amazing ability of ninja editing. Welcome to the forum.
[Image: 135.gif]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2011, 08:18 AM

Smile RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello! My name is Alex, and I'm a 21 year old college student living in New Mexico. My parents were initially catholic, but around the time I was 3 or 4 they became 7th day adventists, and raised my siblings and I up as such. We were all put through some pretty good childhood indoctrination (made even more effective by being homeschooled k-12 lol), but luckily I broke free and became agnostic at around 14, and an atheist at around 18. I'm very happy with how my life is going thus far btw Smile Nice to meet you all!
20-07-2011, 03:54 PM
(20-07-2011 08:18 AM)TheShyOne Wrote:  Hello! My name is Alex, and I'm a 21 year old college student living in New Mexico. My parents were initially catholic, but around the time I was 3 or 4 they became 7th day adventists, and raised my siblings and I up as such. We were all put through some pretty good childhood indoctrination (made even more effective by being homeschooled k-12 lol), but luckily I broke free and became agnostic at around 14, and an atheist at around 18. I'm very happy with how my life is going thus far btw Smile Nice to meet you all!

Hello Shy One.
I was mixed up with S.D.A. a long time ago.
They are really the ultimate fundamentalists.
While I don't agree with their theology (or any other)
many are very healthy, physically, by virtue of their life style.
Cheers~~~~~Mr Woof.Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
20-07-2011, 06:48 PM
I am also an amateur humorist. I am currently percolating a few ideas for your amusement. Hope you like a good blasphemous laugh!
[/quote]

Can't wait !!!
Welcome.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-07-2011, 09:08 PM

Hey everyone,
I'm a 34 year old atheist (raised Jehovahs Witness) that has seen to many contradictory statements and views to allow myself in believing the bible or any other holy book. I believe religion to be the fall of man-kind if allowed to go on at this pace.
20-07-2011, 09:20 PM

Hey, Im Chris (22). Im getting ready to leave the military, where my atheism must remain supressed for political reasons. My parents were very passive religious, so i was never put through that horror. I had a picture bible when i was 5 that showed a girl being turned to stone or salt, and I thought "man, god is a dick". I became agnostic in 7th grade science class (geology is what did it), and did not even know what "atheist" meant until a year ago. So by the time I found out the meaning, I knew I had been an atheist for a very long time.
22-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi All,

I'm a 37 year-old male from northern Kentucky. Been an atheist for about 7 years after a longish goodbye with belief. I was raised in a non-devout Southern Baptist family where I was left pretty much to my own devices regarding religion. Not surprisingly, it wasn't a burning issue for a long time. Shortly into college I began reading the bible cover-to-cover in an effort to understand my own religion.

I came out of that effort a deist. Confused

As I approached 30 and my interests in philosophy and skepticism increased, I migrated from deism into pantheism/panentheism for a brief time, before finally realizing that, with no evidence or rationale for any supernatural beliefs, I couldn't justify holding them.

I've been an atheist since then and haven't looked back. Big Grin

I discovered TTA last year on YouTube and really enjoy the vids and podcasts. I hope to contribute something worthwhile (or at least entertaining) to the forums here!

"As he goes through the house of Zeus, the gods tremble before him, and all spring up from their seats when he draws near, as he bends his bright bow." - Homeric Hymn to Apollo
22-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a 66-year-old gay American male, newly retired. Raised Orthodox Jewish, but I've been an agnostic or atheist (depending on how you define God) since I was 15. Interests include languages, classical music, hypnosis, and keeping in shape.

Glad I discovered this site!

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
23-07-2011, 07:27 PM
(22-07-2011 06:25 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I'm a 66-year-old gay American male, newly retired. Raised Orthodox Jewish, but I've been an agnostic or atheist (depending on how you define God) since I was 15. Interests include languages, classical music, hypnosis, and keeping in shape.

Glad I discovered this site!

Hello you.

#sigh
Thread Closed