Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
27-09-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi all. Another Aussie atheist here, from Queensland.
I'm always hearing about this place on atheist forums, of which I'm a member, so I thought I'd check it out.
Look forward to shootin' the breeze with you all, cheers. :-)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Little Lunch's post
27-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Hi, my name is Russell and I am 56 years old and I am from Hobart in southern Australia. I was referred here by goodwithoutgod who I met on youtube comments, Dr. Richard Carrier. I am fascinated with the Jesus Myth debate and have been devouring it for about 5 years now. I love reading history, studying beginnings and debating people who I think have been sucked into believing erroneous conclusions. I am also curious to discover how the process & mechanisms work that enable so many people, for so long to believe in a person who did not even exist! On the internet I run a band called the ghostriders with members from the UK and the Netherlands, if you would like to listen to our music just go here, reverbnation.com/ghosties
Russell.
[+] 2 users Like SaulofTarsus's post
27-09-2014, 10:15 PM
(27-09-2014 05:41 PM)Little Lunch Wrote:  Hi all. Another Aussie atheist here, from Queensland.
I'm always hearing about this place on atheist forums, of which I'm a member, so I thought I'd check it out.
Look forward to shootin' the breeze with you all, cheers. :-)

Welcome Little Lunch!

Be true to yourself. Heart
27-09-2014, 10:49 PM
(27-09-2014 10:04 PM)SaulofTarsus Wrote:  Hi, my name is Russell and I am 56 years old and I am from Hobart in southern Australia. I was referred here by goodwithoutgod who I met on youtube comments, Dr. Richard Carrier. I am fascinated with the Jesus Myth debate and have been devouring it for about 5 years now. I love reading history, studying beginnings and debating people who I think have been sucked into believing erroneous conclusions. I am also curious to discover how the process & mechanisms work that enable so many people, for so long to believe in a person who did not even exist! On the internet I run a band called the ghostriders with members from the UK and the Netherlands, if you would like to listen to our music just go here, reverbnation.com/ghosties
Russell.

As a premium member of the goodwithoutgod fan club, I welcome you to our community. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-09-2014, 11:09 PM
(27-09-2014 10:04 PM)SaulofTarsus Wrote:  Hi, my name is Russell and I am 56 years old and I am from Hobart in southern Australia. I was referred here by goodwithoutgod who I met on youtube comments, Dr. Richard Carrier. I am fascinated with the Jesus Myth debate and have been devouring it for about 5 years now. I love reading history, studying beginnings and debating people who I think have been sucked into believing erroneous conclusions. I am also curious to discover how the process & mechanisms work that enable so many people, for so long to believe in a person who did not even exist! On the internet I run a band called the ghostriders with members from the UK and the Netherlands, if you would like to listen to our music just go here, reverbnation.com/ghosties
Russell.
Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here, and I plan to check out your music. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
28-09-2014, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2014 10:52 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
Russell.

Hey Russell! So glad you took me up on my offer to come join us. There is an absolute overwhelming amount of resources available on this website, the podcasts are highly recommended, and the forums are filled with people from all ages and walks of life.

If you check out the Atheism and Theism thread, at the top are some "important threads" and they have some really good info. I was invited recently to put together some of my musings as a resource, but I haven't found the time yet Consider

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...and-Theism

But I will at some point soon. There is also an interesting area called the boxing ring where two people can go at it, and no one else can comment, there were some really good debates there as well.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oxing-Ring

anyway, relax, settle in, listen to some podcasts, read a few threads, start a thread, etc...make yourself at home. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to send me a pm or email. If you click my name, you will see the options to email or pm me. Welcome!

Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
28-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Thanks sounds like a great place to be,GwG!
[+] 1 user Likes SaulofTarsus's post
28-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Hey guys! I'm a guy from southern Brazil, 16 yo, and I'm an atheist for a while. I like to "expand my horizons" (so fancy right), and sometimes I see myself in things that I previously had prejudice for (like atheism), so I think this site is a good way to look up for different ways of thinking ... and for funny stuff (why not). Smile
[+] 2 users Like MacPardo's post
28-09-2014, 06:51 PM
(28-09-2014 06:37 PM)MacPardo Wrote:  Hey guys! I'm a guy from southern Brazil, 16 yo, and I'm an atheist for a while. I like to "expand my horizons" (so fancy right), and sometimes I see myself in things that I previously had prejudice for (like atheism), so I think this site is a good way to look up for different ways of thinking ... and for funny stuff (why not). Smile

Hello Shy
You'll find both in abundance Big Grin

28-09-2014, 07:20 PM
(28-09-2014 06:37 PM)MacPardo Wrote:  Hey guys! I'm a guy from southern Brazil, 16 yo, and I'm an atheist for a while. I like to "expand my horizons" (so fancy right), and sometimes I see myself in things that I previously had prejudice for (like atheism), so I think this site is a good way to look up for different ways of thinking ... and for funny stuff (why not). Smile

[Image: picgifs-welcome-2-3816229.gif]

Enjoy the forums!

Thread Closed