Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
30-09-2014, 11:14 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello, everyone. I'm a German translator living in Munich. I came to this site - and this forum - via the YouTube videos Seth posted, and I got hooked, so to speak. I grew up in a Protestant household, but I slowly got around to atheism, but no one ever bothered me about it. (Lucky me, I guess.) Thanks for having me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
30-09-2014, 11:28 AM
(30-09-2014 11:14 AM)WordTamer Wrote:  Hello, everyone. I'm a German translator living in Munich.

Welcome aboard.

I think your twin is already here Ohmy

01-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Thanks for having me.

And ... I got a twin?
01-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I live in a small town located in the southern Appalachian mountains. I enjoy all that nature has to offer in this beautiful area of the U.S. However, finding like minded individuals has proven to be a challenge. I look forward to seeing what this forum has to offer!
[+] 1 user Likes TN Skeptic's post
01-10-2014, 07:04 PM
(01-10-2014 06:22 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  Hello all! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I live in a small town located in the southern Appalachian mountains. I enjoy all that nature has to offer in this beautiful area of the U.S. However, finding like minded individuals has proven to be a challenge. I look forward to seeing what this forum has to offer!

Welcome, I hope you like it here. We've got a lot of great stuff Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
01-10-2014, 08:51 PM
I have no idea how to use a forum so I don't really know if this is the main intro bit or not.

Before I knew there was no God I decided, due to an event in my life, that I didn't want to have anything to do with Him. It wasn't until years later that I came to the rather obvious conclusion that there is no god [ so I don't need to use a capital g, do I {:-) ]

I am 57, I am going to die, I don't like it, I know there is no other life, it scares me if I really think about it. That fact has also provided me with some sort of basic philosophy. 'Life is too short to be unkind, cruel and generally not nice to all other living things'. Also, 'Life is too short to drink instant coffee'.

I have just finished the TTA book and I find a lot of the stuff in it totally alien. In Oz we don't tend to have that holy rolling fire and brimstone ?religious? rubbish. There must be so many poor Americans who have been totally ruined by what I call 'church', because it just isn't religion as I know it. Religion and going to Church services has always been and still is a nice experience for me.

Bye for now,
Garvac
[+] 2 users Like garvac's post
02-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Hey all, 45 year old guy up in Montana. I've been an agnostic and science groupie for 15 years now, although previously been in a very conservative church from which I eventually pretty much just escaped from. Learning as much as I can about the ancient earth and evolution. Don't have much of a skeptic community up here but I've been listening to the podcast for 6 months now and it's been helpful.
For all my studying i was stumped by a creationist this week who afterward called me an idiot and a few other colorful phrases for being an agnostic. I was pretty shaken so I thought I should find a place to maybe ask a question that I can't figure out every now and then.
02-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Hi.
Lifelong atheist, looking for intelligent banter and fun times.
(That's my internet dating opening line, and it's got me nowhere so far...)

Ok. Lifelong atheist with naturalistic pantheist leanings. Looking forward to getting involved in the discussions.
[+] 3 users Like Noaidi's post
02-10-2014, 03:12 PM
(02-10-2014 02:13 PM)Noaidi Wrote:  Hi.
Lifelong atheist, looking for intelligent banter and fun times.
(That's my internet dating opening line, and it's got me nowhere so far...)

Ok. Lifelong atheist with naturalistic pantheist leanings. Looking forward to getting involved in the discussions.

Hey Smile Welcome...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-10-2014, 06:16 PM
(02-10-2014 12:44 PM)Sebastian878 Wrote:  ...
I was pretty shaken so I thought I should find a place to maybe ask a question that I can't figure out every now and then.

Welcome.

Ask away. But knowing this crowd, the answers may be a little on the surreal side sometimes.

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
Thread Closed