Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
04-10-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(04-10-2014 01:35 PM)JHMARINE86 Wrote:  Hey Everyone.
My name is Joel. I live in Arkansas. Im actually kind of new to atheism. I grew up in a strict Baptist church/household, but the whole regime of religion just never really seemed right to me once I got out into the world at the age of 14 when I went to the NM Military Institute. Looking for people that I can learn from and have more in common with...i.e. fellow atheists. Im currently in the middle of The God Delusion right now, and Im loving it. Hope to make some friends here.

Welcome to the forum, Joel.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2014, 02:36 PM
To all our new people -

[Image: welcome20group20bees888425481.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Hello The Atheist Thinkers,

I'm Deniz from Turkey, and living in Hamburg. I'm studying economics at university. Longtime, I'm interested in science, literature, economics and sociology.

I'm looking forward to meet with you. Angel

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." Albert Camus
04-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Welcome all! Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
05-10-2014, 12:19 AM
Hello I'm Icesoul17 but you can call me Yoba.
I'm 16 going to turn 17 on the seventeenth of this month.
I'm pretty shy Blush even online but I hope to post often and be apart of this community so yeah have a happy day. ~Yoba
[+] 1 user Likes Icesoul17's post
05-10-2014, 08:55 AM
(05-10-2014 12:19 AM)Icesoul17 Wrote:  Hello I'm Icesoul17 but you can call me Yoba.
I'm 16 going to turn 17 on the seventeenth of this month.
I'm pretty shy Blush even online but I hope to post often and be apart of this community so yeah have a happy day. ~Yoba

Welcome Yoba, no need to be shy here. We have people from all ages and backgrounds. Enjoy your stay.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Hey everyone! My name is Rick and I'm glad to be apart of this great community. I grew up in a non-religious family as a only child where I was lucky to have not been raise with dogma. This allowed me to go through the motions as a young kid/adult and weed my way through all the B.S. I've always had a huge interest in space/universe and this is where I stumbled upon Carl Sagan. Listening to him discuss things through science and how we actually understand things (currently) was very refreshing. I then discovered more people like Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennet, Dan Barker, Sam Harris as well as "comedians" like Bill Maher. Everyone creates a different view point that has molded me into who I am today. I like to think I'm eclectic but always have room for improvement.

More about me though! I'm pretty simple in my hobbies being that I'm into hockey and cars. My favorite hockey teams are the Kalamazoo Wings and Detroit Red Wings. I currently own three cars and they are a 1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD and a 1992 Dodge Stealth RT/TT. My profession is a repair technician fixing endoscopy scopes. I might be one of the few in the world that loves their "shitty" job if you catch my drift...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to adding to my knowledge via the forums and meeting lots of new people!

Rick
[+] 2 users Like PSiTSi's post
05-10-2014, 11:32 AM
[Image: 8534d1242661570-welcome-gif.50405]

...JHMARINE, denizham, IceSoul, and PSiTSi!

Be true to yourself. Heart
07-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi,
Rick, here. Middle aged, long time atheist.
I work in a STEM field and have never been religious.
My hobbies include keeping up with science and technology.

I like puppies and kittens, long walks on the beach, sunsets and rainbows.Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post
08-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Welcome Rik, Icesoul, denizham, jarhead, deputy atheist, chrisTNF,

It's an interesting place.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed