Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
08-10-2014, 02:43 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(07-10-2014 10:31 AM)Rik Wrote:  Hi,
Rick, here. Middle aged, long time atheist.
I work in a STEM field and have never been religious.
My hobbies include keeping up with science and technology.

I like puppies and kittens, long walks on the beach, sunsets and rainbows.Smile

Never been religious. I'm envious.
Welcome and enjoy the forums! :-)

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
08-10-2014, 04:44 PM
31 Year old Male from Oklahoma. Closet Atheist since 2002 and I came out in 2011. It's great to finally have a Community that i belong to. Look forward to talking to like minded individuals int he Belt Buckle of the Bible Belt.[/b]
08-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Chase welcome templeton!

enjoy the forums!

Be true to yourself. Heart
08-10-2014, 05:02 PM
(08-10-2014 04:59 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Chase welcome templeton!

enjoy the forums!

Thank you Deidre32!
11-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Brilliant work friend !!!
Seth, keep up the great work. We're long time listeners, just joined your online forum so we could send some congratulations your way. We love your podcast -- my husband played me your September 30th broadcast "Angry Atheist," wow, that was super. Well said !!! Best wishes and thanks for your words. We're out here listening. MG
11-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Hi there! So excited to have found The Thinking Atheist and this community! I'm 38, married to a freethinker who really got me into freethinking and atheism. I like to think of myself as a Secular Humanist and Atheist.
Raising our kids to think for themselves, much to the chagrin of our Catholic families. This type of community gets me through all the bull poo poo. Smile
13-10-2014, 03:48 AM
I'm tom in napa (county). After a hitch in the US Navy I started college and studied math, science, a bit of electrical engineering and economics. In 1957 I quit Catholicism and at the student atheist club heard people saying they KNEW no gods existed. They provided no evidence. All I could say was "I don't know" so I chose agnosticism. I worked for a computer manufacturer and retired as soon as being divorced and having no kids would let me. After 50 years without one lightning bolt providing evidence (despite my occasionally saying "God fucked up"), I came out as atheist to people I knew.
My politics was independent -- Both parties are corrupted by money -- until Reagan invited the theists into the GOP. I resolved to not again vote Repub until the theists go back to their churches and stop trying to take over.
My politics is Progressive; my economics is Collective Capitalist (I want employees to own their workplaces). And I doubt the Big Bang story; its supporters have many hypotheses but no evidence, and they want desperately to keep their taxpayer-provided subsidies. Electrical engineers have no trouble with a plasma universe and neither do I.
13-10-2014, 04:04 AM
Welcome to TTA, Tom.

If you'd like to start a thread on this...

(13-10-2014 03:48 AM)tom in napa Wrote:  ...
And I doubt the Big Bang story; its supporters have many hypotheses but no evidence,

... feel free.

Methinks you may have missed this:

[Image: eak2e3stumfjcmjtmgqq.png]

13-10-2014, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 02:14 PM by tom in napa.)
(13-10-2014 04:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA, Tom.

If you'd like to start a thread on this...

(13-10-2014 03:48 AM)tom in napa Wrote:  ...
And I doubt the Big Bang story; its supporters have many hypotheses but no evidence,

... feel free.

Methinks you may have missed this:

[Image: eak2e3stumfjcmjtmgqq.png]

DLJ, I've been following BB news for forty years and did see the gravitational wave story.
I also saw the reports by skeptical peers that the "wave" might have been caused by dust.
13-10-2014, 06:58 PM
(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?

Hi, Paul. I was off Korea's east coast on a US Navy destroyer during the Korean War. I would have been on the ship's landing party and toting an automatic rifle but we took aboard four South Korean marines who did the night landings. I used the GI Bill to go to college, where I quit Catholicism for agnosticism and then atheism. I hope your future is as well, or better.
Thread Closed