RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(22-07-2011 06:25 PM)cufflink Wrote:  hypnosis
Interesting...
welcome man.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
25-07-2011, 05:52 PM

Hai gaiz Tongue
I'm a 16-year-old girl and been an atheist for a few months now.
I go to a Catholic high school, FML.
[+] 1 user Likes Pastafarian's post
26-07-2011, 12:49 AM

Hi

I'm 29 and I tend to call myself Agnostic, but by definition I fit closest to Agnostic Atheist. I haven't entirely told my family because I'm still well finding my ground in this. They do know that I don't agree with them and that I find most of their beliefs silly and that I believe in Science.

You can all call me Kit
27-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Rainbow RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am a 25 year old medical science student in England. Ethnic south-american and tired of being jammed into the same group of religious nuts due to my ethnicity.
My father being native peruvian and thank "god" a lot of them aren't converted catholics but believe in celestial beings instead. When I was 8 I came to Europe to adoptive parents and even though I did confirmation (protestantic) I was always questioning them and in Sweden where I was, they are very passive protestantics so it was never a big deal being an atheist.
I've been an atheist since I can remember, I wrote my first articles when I was 10.

I'm actually interested in behavioral neuroscience if anyone has that interest as well?

Angel
27-07-2011, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2011 10:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-07-2011 03:59 AM)Cusquenita Wrote:  I'm actually interested in behavioral neuroscience if anyone has that interest as well?

I do. What do you make of Libet's findings?

#sigh
28-07-2011, 02:44 PM

Hi everyone. I'm the same SCA that use to be active on "The Infidel Guy" chatroom back in the mid 20-Zeros. I thought I would look around some atheist forums again. I found Thinking Atheist on YouTube around the end of 2010. Luring on and off sence then. I call myself a life-long atheist/agnostic. I suppose that when I was 6 if you asked me if I beleave in God I would have said, yes doesn't everyone. When I was 12, I declared myself to be Atheist. I was sort of a strong Atheist at first, by the time I was in High school I became more of a weak Atheist. My mom was ok with it, she was an agnostic Christian and my step-father was mostly an apatheist who was into karma.
03-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Question RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Heya!

Justin 22y/o from South Africa here.

Since the tender age of 13 i've considered myself faithless primarily due to the religious spew I was forced to accept, in contrast to the views of my atheist friend. Not long after I began questioning religious instruction not specifically judeo-christian but all supernatural belief structures.

to conclude religion, all of it is the peak of mass delusion Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Hello to all new comers, you are coming so often these days.

Justin I have seen blood diamond so that makes me an expert on cool accents, and I have to say the south african accent ranks pretty highly in my books. I recommend you travel, because people love to hear a good accent, so it will make you crazy popular.

Welcome new members to the "appearance" of sanity. Let's have some baby now shall we?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2011, 11:23 AM

55 yo Agnostic, well versed in logic, common sense and researching pertinent information
06-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Hey. I'm Stewart or Stewie if you want. I'm a 17 y/o male living in The Land Down Under (Australia). I was kinda a brainwashed kid untill about 8 y/o thanks to compulsary scripture at school. I became somewhat agnostic for the earlier parts of my life, starting to not really carring for religion. Not a true theist, not a ture Atheist, just a kid going on his own way, and when the subject came up it would be something like "God made the Big Bang or Evelution .

Then something small changed. Having a JW for a best friend gave me an insight into all the BS that was really in The Bible. I'd never heard of The Rapture in scripture, or all the innocents that were slaughtered in the name of God. That's when I think I started becoming an Atheist.

I already had my feet planeted deep in the roots of science so I knew quite abit about physics, chemistry, etc. by the time I finish primary school. I was a geek/nerd and slowly becoming publicly opposed to religion.

I always said to others, "I don't believe in any God", but I never bothered to say to myself "I'm and Atheist and I'm proud to be one."

Plot twist time!!!

First Girl Friend. . . who just happened to be Catholic. Confused I didn't find this out until half way through our relationship and that was the same time she found I was an Atheist. Needless to say, things got rocky. At one time, my shrink (who I had been seeing before hand due to other issues) suggested I stop being so "critical" and see it from her point of veiw.

I tried. I honestly tried. I gave it my be shot to believe, and I fail. I could not blindly follow something I knew to be false. I lasted a week before I snapped. Her and I lasted a 2 more months ignoring our veiw points but she would always sneek in a "God still loves you" or "I'm praying for you." It ended very badly. That is what pushed me over the edge. That is what sent me down this path.

It has been in the recent half year just gone by that I have said to myself I'm an Atheist, I'm proud to be one and to hell (oh the ironyBig Grin) with anyone who stands against me for it." Over these past few months I've been diving deep into my research, finding the ammuniton for future encounters. I found The Atheist Experience back in April and TTA back in June and am only just now starting here on the Forums.

So there you have it. My life involving the religion to this day and this post. There's my Intro. Not sure if this is exactly what was ment but hey, I did it anyway.

Omega Gamma

«Είμα Ανθρώπου. Είμαι όλοι για μένα. Δεν υπάρχουν Θεοί».
Ωμέγα Γάμμα
Thread Closed