Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
24-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi.
I am a recently graduated Engineer from Pakistan.
Been raised a Muslim.
Of late I have started questioning my beliefs.
Not that I believe that the extremists or terrorists represent Islam,I believe it is a beautiful religion.
But the battle i have inside me is that does it matter?
Do I need to live in a certain way?
Will I be questioned or punished and why does it matter to a God if I 'sin' or not?
Anyone who has been through this,please share.
Smile
Find all posts by this user
24-10-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(24-10-2014 04:23 PM)Heisenberg14 Wrote:  Hi.
I am a recently graduated Engineer from Pakistan.
Been raised a Muslim.
Of late I have started questioning my beliefs.
Not that I believe that the extremists or terrorists represent Islam,I believe it is a beautiful religion.
But the battle i have inside me is that does it matter?
Do I need to live in a certain way?
Will I be questioned or punished and why does it matter to a God if I 'sin' or not?
Anyone who has been through this,please share.
Smile

Welcome!! There are lots of religious debates here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...and-Theism
I know there are a few regarding the Islamic religion.

We've got a thread here where you can contact members and seek help with deconversion if you are headed that way
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ion-advice

And you can go here, and create a thread for any personal support you may need.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nd-Support

Hope you enjoy your time with us!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-10-2014, 02:27 AM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thank you so much for the reply.
All this time I thought i might have posted somewhere wrong thats why people aren't replyingTongue
Thanks will sure check these out !
27-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Hi, everyone

My name is Jan Helge and I am from Norway. I work as a writer of fiction and as a researcher for online businesses. My parents raised me as a frrethinker in the more Christian part of Norway, which is pretty much a secular country.

I love mythology, history and exchanging knowledge. Everyday is new chance to learn something new.

JH
28-10-2014, 12:33 PM
I am 41 year old lady from South Africa. Experience led me to being a Atheist. Short and sweet
[+] 1 user Likes tillaspiritualguidence's post
28-10-2014, 02:16 PM
(28-10-2014 12:33 PM)tillaspiritualguidence Wrote:  I am 41 year old lady from South Africa. Experience led me to being a Atheist. Short and sweet

Finish and klaar Big Grin Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-10-2014, 03:10 PM
welcome all!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Hi I'm Cary, Thought I would introduce myself here. I am from Alabama and currently a truck driver. I was raised in a couple different denominations which were Baptist and Mormonism. I have been an Atheist for about one year now and at times I struggle and don't know who to talk to about some of the problems I am facing. I am happy to see a community like this to be part of. Thank everyone on here.
29-10-2014, 02:30 AM
Hi All
Just joined TTA. I'm an Atheist from way back. Looking forward to being apart of the forum Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Katman's post
29-10-2014, 02:33 AM
(29-10-2014 02:30 AM)Katman Wrote:  Hi All
Just joined TTA. I'm an Atheist from way back. Looking forward to being apart of the forum Smile

Hi Kat,

Welcome aboard.

Big Grin

Thread Closed