Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2014, 12:01 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello all.
I'm obviously new here Smile
I hope no one here is prejudiced against a theist here, and I hope you guys don't kick my ass too badly Smile
Good to meet everyone!
Smile
Find all posts by this user
31-10-2014, 12:55 AM
(31-10-2014 12:01 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Hello all.
I hope no one here is prejudiced against a theist here, and I hope you guys don't kick my ass too badly Smile
Good to meet everyone!
Smile

Almost completely prejudiced but don't let that hold you back. The size of 'arse' kicking tends to be proportional to levels of politeness, eloquence and proselytising.

And a good few of us are to learn about alternative beliefs so arse-kicking is bi-directional.

Have fun and welcome aboard.

Smile

31-10-2014, 01:02 AM
(31-10-2014 12:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Almost completely prejudiced but don't let that hold you back. The size of 'arse' kicking tends to be directly proportional to levels of politeness, eloquence and proselytising.

Inversely proportional to politeness and eloquence, directly proportional to proselytising or tendency to be a nitwit Smile

Look, if you're some nervous dude here to learn more about us devil worshippers that's fine and we'll get on fine - treat us as an anthropological study.

If you're some clown here on a mission to tell us we're evil (and we get plenty of those) then ja, I'm afraid all bets are off. Plus we're a helluva lot more inclined to chirp than most fora as far as I know - other places give you grief for being rude, here... it's kinda also a test of what kinda person you are, how you respond when someone goes for you. If you keep your cool you may win respect, if you act smug or whine you'll be classified as a bug and stepped on.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-10-2014, 01:10 AM
Then it sounds like we will get along smashingly Tongue
Good to meet everyone. How about honest and intelligent challenges? That's all good right?
[+] 1 user Likes Wolfbitn's post
31-10-2014, 01:38 AM
(31-10-2014 01:10 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Then it sounds like we will get along smashingly Tongue
Good to meet everyone. How about honest and intelligent challenges? That's all good right?

If you can stick to that, we're square Smile *Be aware* though, that if you're gonna defend your faith, pretty much every argument has already been thrashed out a million times already, *and* we have some very knowledgeable members who've even got theology degrees (and all kindsa other degrees too), so if you challenge, know your stuff. Also be aware that many of us come from a religious background, so we're not exactly convert material - at most what you're gonna be getting is a thorough shredding of your ideas, which IMO is a very valuable thing - after the shredding, what's left is what you can be confident about.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-10-2014, 02:11 AM
(31-10-2014 01:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  If you can stick to that, we're square Smile *Be aware* though, that if you're gonna defend your faith, pretty much every argument has already been thrashed out a million times already, *and* we have some very knowledgeable members who've even got theology degrees (and all kindsa other degrees too), so if you challenge, know your stuff. Also be aware that many of us come from a religious background, so we're not exactly convert material - at most what you're gonna be getting is a thorough shredding of your ideas, which IMO is a very valuable thing - after the shredding, what's left is what you can be confident about.

Well that sounds like quite a challenge, but I think im up to it lol Smile

It really is good meeting you guys, and I look forward to the conversations
[+] 1 user Likes Wolfbitn's post
31-10-2014, 06:45 AM
Hi guys,

I'm a 40 year old male, partly brought up in catholicism but an atheist for at least the 25 last years. Unfortunately I progressively, and only now, come to realise how much my early christian education has shaped me and my world view. Looking forward to share questions and understanding with other atheists as well as beleivers.
31-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Good to meet you!
31-10-2014, 02:54 PM
(31-10-2014 12:01 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Hello all.
Good to meet everyone!
Smile

Haven't seen too many theists as of late on here--I think it's always good to have healthy exchanges with theists...so long as they are interested in a healthy exchange, and not preaching. Welcome to the forums! Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
31-10-2014, 02:55 PM
(31-10-2014 06:45 AM)corfou73 Wrote:  Hi guys,

I'm a 40 year old male, partly brought up in catholicism but an atheist for at least the 25 last years. Unfortunately I progressively, and only now, come to realise how much my early christian education has shaped me and my world view. Looking forward to share questions and understanding with other atheists as well as beleivers.

Welcome, as well. I'm a 'recovering theist,' lol...and I identify with how your religious background shaped your world views. It's hard for it not to, if you took your faith seriously at one time.

Hope you enjoy the forums... Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
Thread Closed