Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2014, 03:51 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(31-10-2014 02:55 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Welcome, as well. I'm a 'recovering theist,' lol...and I identify with how your religious background shaped your world views. It's hard for it not to, if you took your faith seriously at one time.
Actually I didn't, but people around me did and it was quite a mystery for me. That did not keep them from shoving it into me.
Quote:Hope you enjoy the forums... Cool
I sure do. Thanks for the welcome!
Find all posts by this user
31-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Welcome one and all Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
02-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Hello everyone,
I'm 30th year old guy from Indonesia. I'm islam according to my id, but if you know Indonesia, you can't declare yourself as an atheist. But I think Indonesia really need Atheism. Some atheist blog and website are blocked in my country (thanks to stupid telecommunication minister from some hypocrite islamic party). I just want to broaden my knowledge in religion, philosophy, and history.

Sorry for my limited ability in English, I hope you do understand.

Thank you
[+] 2 users Like Nous's post
02-11-2014, 11:54 AM
(02-11-2014 11:45 AM)Nous Wrote:  Hello everyone,
I'm 30th year old guy from Indonesia. I'm islam according to my id, but if you know Indonesia, you can't declare yourself as an atheist. But I think Indonesia really need Atheism. Some atheist blog and website are blocked in my country (thanks to stupid telecommunication minister from some hypocrite islamic party). I just want to broaden my knowledge in religion, philosophy, and history.

Sorry for my limited ability in English, I hope you do understand.

Thank you

Welcome neighbour.

Enjoy the anonymous freedom of TTA.

02-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone...

My name is...well, name, age, location are irrelevant. (Yes Im a pretty private person) Smile
Im a female, not as young as Id like to be, who works with the elderly.
Im not a atheist...as I believe in a god/gods...or something supreme anyway. I was raised a Christian, but...well, Ive seen the term 'recovering from religion', so that is at least suitable for now and what I will go with Smile

Ive been reading here for a bit, and feel comfortable enough at this point to say hello and maybe join in some Smile

So...hello everyone Smile

My Karma ran over your Dogma
- I have no clue who said it...I just think its funny
02-11-2014, 12:53 PM
welcome!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
04-11-2014, 04:04 AM
Hi all

I am a good God fearing Christian. Looking forward to friendly discussions.

My dad is an atheist. I have many good discussions with him. Probably the reason for me joining here.
04-11-2014, 04:32 AM
(04-11-2014 04:04 AM)Justinian Wrote:  ...
a good God fearing

I'm not sure you'd need to fear something that's good but as this is not the place for discussion, I won't ask.

Welcome aboard and say "hi" to your dad.

Smile

05-11-2014, 08:39 AM
I am a 41 year old atheist raised Catholic and later became educated. Tell me there is hope for the rest of these nut bags to find reason!
[+] 2 users Like lookingforsanity's post
05-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Good morning all, I am a 50+ year old Canadian female. I live in Ontario and can see Detroit, Michigan from my house. I joined this forum in search of a community where I can feel a sense of belonging. Sharing my thoughts with friends and family has proven to be a painful experience.
[+] 1 user Likes ryckpen's post
Thread Closed