Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
08-11-2014, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 12:42 PM by Mequa.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(08-11-2014 01:34 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 12:03 AM)Mequa Wrote:  Mequa here. Male, 32, from the UK.

I'm quite an independent thinker, sceptic, and somewhat neo-Epicurean in focus. I am passionate about individualism.
I enjoy philosophy, psychology, and similar intellectual pursuits.

I also know Deidre32 from another site, so I'd like to say hi to her. Smile

I'm so glad you joined TTA! Welcome, and enjoy the forums. You have great ideas, and insights...look forward to your posts. Hug
Thank you for the warm welcome! I've known you for a while now Deidre and I honestly find you one of the loveliest, sweetest and most adorable persons I have ever met online. Smile

It's awesome to be posting on here too. I have liked some of The Thinking Atheist YouTube videos. In particular this one on "Afterlife":

Mequa
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mequa's post
08-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Greetings --

I'm a 46-year-old male (psychologist) that has recently transitioned from an unsatisfactory philosophical worldview of agnosticism to bold and enlightened atheism. The threads I've read thus far are interesting and I look forward to future interactions and learning with like minded individuals.

Regards,

Zeitgeist
[+] 1 user Likes Zeitgeist's post
08-11-2014, 11:21 AM
(08-11-2014 11:09 AM)Zeitgeist Wrote:  Greetings --

I'm a 46-year-old male (psychologist) that has recently transitioned from an unsatisfactory philosophical worldview of agnosticism to bold and enlightened atheism. The threads I've read thus far are interesting and I look forward to future interactions and learning with like minded individuals.

Regards,

Zeitgeist

Welcome. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-11-2014, 06:52 AM
Greetings fellow athiests :-)
I'm a 24 years old male dentist. I usually don't share my athiest point of views with most people around where I live since the religious folks here tend to view me as a spawn of Satan or a kid who needs to be shown the "right path" and all that bs. So I am hoping I can share and view ideas about life and the world here and have more fulfilling conversations.
Have a nice day!
[+] 1 user Likes shadysharad's post
09-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Welcome all! Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-11-2014, 06:26 PM
I am a 33 year old male from the UK. Currently a lab technician in optics. Recently married with 1 child.
12-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Okay, what to say?
I am an atheist, 44 years old.
I was raised a catholic in northern Germany.
Moved away from the faith over a period of 2 years or so when I was 17/18.
At some point I studied to become a teacher, but life and my laziness interfered.
I met my wife when I was 28, still hanging about in my studies, not going anywhere, so, because she wanted to stay in Germany (she's from Finland) I took up the job I had been doing part time next to my studies full time.
We married and have two sons and are now living in Finland since the end of 2009.
I work in a metal factory down the road, where I have ample time listening to "the tginking atheist" and other podcasts, while doing my work!
That should be it for an introductory post.
Maybe I should mentione that I am active in a few atheist/theist discussion groups on FB and that I enjoy "wasting" my time doing that!
Smile
12-11-2014, 09:24 AM
(12-11-2014 08:10 AM)Anteron Blocker Wrote:  Okay, what to say?
I am an atheist, 44 years old.
I was raised a catholic in northern Germany.
Moved away from the faith over a period of 2 years or so when I was 17/18.
At some point I studied to become a teacher, but life and my laziness interfered.
I met my wife when I was 28, still hanging about in my studies, not going anywhere, so, because she wanted to stay in Germany (she's from Finland) I took up the job I had been doing part time next to my studies full time.
We married and have two sons and are now living in Finland since the end of 2009.
I work in a metal factory down the road, where I have ample time listening to "the tginking atheist" and other podcasts, while doing my work!
That should be it for an introductory post.
Maybe I should mentione that I am active in a few atheist/theist discussion groups on FB and that I enjoy "wasting" my time doing that!
Smile

Welcome to our community. Smile

12-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen
I am a 52 year old Gentleman from Toronto Canada. Free thinker raised Catholic. Atheism is a desperately needed breath of fresh air in a stuffy world full of theists.
Although I am an Atheist, I do admit I enjoy prayer and affirmations to myself as my way of achieving focus and goals. (Flame suit on! lol)

I enjoy listening to weekly podcasts such as the Thinking Atheist, Dogma Debate, The Atheist Experience, Faith and Skepticism, American Forethought, Point of Inquiry, Mysterious Universe, Skepticality and Strartalk.

I anyone can recommend any others I would greatly appreciate it.

After lurking the forums on and off I decided to join when I finally found myself wanting to post in some conversations.

I am looking forward to some enlightening reading and conversations.

PS....how do I go about adding an avatar?
12-11-2014, 11:14 AM
(12-11-2014 10:06 AM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  I am a 52 year old Gentleman from Toronto Canada. Free thinker raised Catholic. Atheism is a desperately needed breath of fresh air in a stuffy world full of theists.
Although I am an Atheist, I do admit I enjoy prayer and affirmations to myself as my way of achieving focus and goals. (Flame suit on! lol)

I enjoy listening to weekly podcasts such as the Thinking Atheist, Dogma Debate, The Atheist Experience, Faith and Skepticism, American Forethought, Point of Inquiry, Mysterious Universe, Skepticality and Strartalk.

I anyone can recommend any others I would greatly appreciate it.

After lurking the forums on and off I decided to join when I finally found myself wanting to post in some conversations.

I am looking forward to some enlightening reading and conversations.

PS....how do I go about adding an avatar?

Welcome!

You can do it from a computer in your user cp, you choose a preloaded one or upload one of your own. I don't know if it can be done from another device.

Thread Closed