Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
12-11-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
What Moms said, Lucky! User CP top left of your screen. Click it to see abunch of options listed down the left side of your screen.

LOVE your user name Big Grin Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
12-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Hi! I'm new Smile I'm 27, a girl, and recovered catholic Smile (Thank *hypothetical* god I have seen logic and reason Smile )

~There ain't no rest for the wicked~
~Until we close our eyes for good~
[+] 3 users Like VirtuallyInept's post
13-11-2014, 12:56 AM
Welcome aboard Lucky and Virtually. Thumbsup
16-11-2014, 08:05 AM
Welcome new members!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
16-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Hello! My name is Eugeny. I'm 41. I live in Russia in Kronstadt near the most beautiful city in the world - Saint-Petersburg. I'm an atheist and my favorite philosopher is Immanuel Kant. I'm here just for fun not for serious discussion.

Sapere aude!
[+] 1 user Likes Eugeny Anatolievich's post
18-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Hi,

Fledging open Atheist here. Dogma never really took with me growing up, faked it as need be. Raising 2 freethought children, I'm open about atheism but dont look for an arguement. Cheers.
[+] 1 user Likes Former Blabtist's post
19-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Hello, lifelong atheist and sceptic. I'm a 40-something guy, work in biotech, and am a fan of the new atheism.
19-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Welcome Former Blaptist and Machias! Glad to have you!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
20-11-2014, 05:51 AM
Hi guys,

Am a 42 year old humanist (Aussie born, live in UK) who's tired of being harassed by ranting theistic mates on Facebook. I've solely signed up here to use the community for quick and insightful answers to quell their fires.

Cheers
20-11-2014, 10:36 AM
What's up Folks?

I'm a 35-year-old husband and father (our second "bun" is in the oven, due in May) from Boston, MA. I've been on all kinds of forums over the years mostly in pursuit of my hobbies, like guitar-playing and beer-brewing.

Anyway I've often found myself in these settings "fighting the good fight," as one of the few atheist humanists, or at least one of the few who will readily admit it. I certainly wouldn't call atheism a hobby or interest, much like NOT believing in Bigfoot and the Tooth Fairy aren't really hobbies. In general I don't have any animosity towards "believers," when they leave secular society well enough alone - but I see alarming trends in US politics in general with the increasing momentum of the "personhood" movement to recognize corporations as having the same rights as citizens. Corporations now have 1st Amendment rights, what happens if they're determined to have 2nd Amendment rights too? Paired with the seemingly unlimited influence of money in politics and a sort of glorification of faith-based ignorance of all fields of science and a distrust of smart educated people in the popular culture I worry about where we're headed. So I thought this might be a cool place of relatively like-minded people where I can chat about issues, etc and maybe learn more and gain more perspectives.
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post
Thread Closed