• 6 Votes - 5 Average
26-11-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome to everyone new here, and may you find the answers you seek. Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Music RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
It is a pleasure to find a forum of like-minded thinkers. I have been part of an atheist forum in the past, but haven't posted there for a while. I look forward to being a part of this forum.

I found TTA Podcasts through the Jaclyn Glenn channel on Youtube and would like to offer her a thumbs up for her (de) conversion from following prefabricated dogma to actually thinking for herself. (A glorious conversion).

I am currently engaged in going through all the material provided on the TTA website, but have been atheist (anti-theist) for many years. My interests are mainly in demonstrating the severe damages done by religious thinking--to individuals and to society. "If religion were truly only a harmless eccentricity, there would be no problem with people believing what they want to believe". THis is not the case, however.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
[+] 1 user Likes 666wannabe's post
28-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Hullo there Smile

My name is Rhodri and I've been an atheist for a longer time than I've self identified. I've also been an anti-theist before I even knew that term existed. I think I came across TTA through my watching/ listening to Christopher Hitchins debates on YouTube and getting a recommended ArronRa and also TTA.

I'm currently chomping my way through the Podcasts and loving them.

For information; i was raised Anglican (in the UK) and had a great Aunt who was the Mother Superior of a Convent, but left after having huge ethical questions over the book of Job (my first memory of real/post Sunday school church) and also the debate around civil partnership... I just couldn't understand how a loving god would deny people in love this right. I was already aware of the science being terrible, but the "morality" was the final straw
28-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome, fellow noobs!
28-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Question RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi All
I would like to ask an economist why the basis of economic measures is money and not energy.
Probably a dumb question but my excuse is that i am an visual artist.
Cheers JohnB Smile
28-11-2014, 10:22 PM
(28-11-2014 06:03 PM)PhantomGreenie Wrote:  Hi All
I would like to ask an economist why the basis of economic measures is money and not energy.
Probably a dumb question but my excuse is that i am an visual artist.
Cheers JohnB Smile

If you give me one of your pieces of art I'll shine a torch on your face for 30 seconds.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-11-2014, 10:28 PM
[Image: Welcome-12-june_zpsc8b9a7e4.gif]

All the new folks. Thumbsup
02-12-2014, 11:42 AM
My name is Chelsea and I'm a 20 year old lesbian in Houston, TX. I love the podcast and the people on this site! I don't know many atheists so I'm here trying to find some like minded free thinkers Smile
02-12-2014, 12:18 PM
First time poster, long time listener.

Sean from east Texas here. 30 years old and counting!

Adding the forum to my default Chrome tabs so I don't forget to stop by!
02-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Hello!

I am known at The Grumpy Atheist!

I am very passionate about active atheism, however I do it with comedic value!

If you want more information about me, check my twitter:

@AtheistGrumpy

Many thanks,

TGA
Thread Closed