Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
20-01-2015, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2015 07:43 AM by Nurse.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(20-01-2015 05:59 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Welcome, Kurt. You're not the only one on NC! And to my fellow ex-Catholics, we do require peanut butter on Communion wafers.

Hiiiii there.

I had communion a few weeks ago. Although it was at a southern baptist wedding. It was a pretty tasty fresh homemade whole wheat loaf bread dunked in grape juice. I like the intinction trend for when I'm forced into cannablistic acts.

I haven't been to NC in ages, absolutely beautiful.

Edited: whole/while

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
20-01-2015, 07:27 AM
(20-01-2015 06:28 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I haven't been to NC in ages, absolutely beautiful.

You should visit! Big Grin The people leave something to be desired, but the landscape is always first rate. It's why I stayed.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
20-01-2015, 07:36 AM
(20-01-2015 07:27 AM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 06:28 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I haven't been to NC in ages, absolutely beautiful.

You should visit! Big Grin The people leave something to be desired, but the landscape is always first rate. It's why I stayed.

Exactly. I'd suggest Wilmington (beach) or Asheville (out west, mountains & nice people). The Triangle isn't bad (where I am).
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
20-01-2015, 07:41 AM
The mountains are my favorite.

I've only passed through Raleigh or stopped for a couple hours, but there's a pub in Cary I hold in fond regard called the Hibernian.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
[+] 2 users Like thesummerqueen's post
20-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Hello, 35 year old former Jehovah's Witness here. Just happy to have a place like TTA to come and converse with other like minded folks.
20-01-2015, 03:55 PM
(20-01-2015 02:12 PM)DJack Wrote:  Hello, 35 year old former Jehovah's Witness here. Just happy to have a place like TTA to come and converse with other like minded folks.

Hi there. Pleased to meet you. My mum was a JW, so even though I was never convinced, I do understand what's involved.

I look forward to hearing your views.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
20-01-2015, 05:24 PM
(20-01-2015 07:41 AM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  The mountains are my favorite.

I've only passed through Raleigh or stopped for a couple hours, but there's a pub in Cary I hold in fond regard called the Hibernian.
They've rebuilt it after the fire. I prefer Tir na nOg (Hargett St). I used to like Ri Ra in Charlotte, but not very much anymore.
20-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Hi I am 40 and I have always had questions. Been studying religion for years and I have come to the conclusion that God just isn't real. It's an interesting subject for sure. Thr history and everything and thr why buy he just doesn't exist. I am so glad I found a place I can tall freely as no one in family is supportive except my husband. However he doesn't like anything about religion and don't wan to talk about it. But I on the other hand need a sounding board so to speak. Lol thanks for this forum
22-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Guten Tag,

I am from Germany, working as a consultant (for adhesive problems) and admire the founding fathers of the USA having generated a constitution nearly free from religion in a highly religious infected environment.
I feel easily insulted especially by monotheistic religions, but I try to be tolerant.

So, dear atheists, lets stick together!

Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.
Thomas Paine
22-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Deep Thought, eh?

I suppose it helps if I know the answer is 42???

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
Thread Closed