Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
25-01-2015, 08:01 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I morphed from the water walker cult to the wind walkers guild before I turned 50. Wow that experience was like looking back on a chrysalis from the new freedom in my mind.
I became the new Mr. Me.

Nothing can be above thought.
Find all posts by this user
25-01-2015, 10:57 AM
(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?
I started out as one at about age 5 or 6 when a buddy of mine tried to explain about god and devils and the like. It didn't make sense then and I haven't change my mine. I try not to get into heated discussions with "devout" christians but some get pushy and I have taken a lot of notes regarding fallacies in the Bible which gets their head to spinning. For instance Matthew 12:40 when Jesus is asked for a sighn that he was the Messiah. Jesus said the sign of Jonah was his proof; that upon his death he would reside in the earth for three days and three nights. He didn't so that eliminates him from being the messiah for any prophet whose prophecy failed was a false prophet. That and many other instances in the Bible disprove what they are saying. Let the Bible disprove the Bible.
25-01-2015, 11:11 AM
(22-01-2015 03:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Deep Thought, eh?

I suppose it helps if I know the answer is 42???

Smile

My dear son, we all need a good guide to galaxy, but you should know, that the 42 answer is based on atheistic technology using a system routed into the wrong direction by sabotage.
The correct answer is: square root of arc tan of minus Pi divided by the holy numbers 3, 7 and 11

Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.
Thomas Paine
26-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Video RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone! The whole realm of atheism is vast and new to me and I'm excited to get involved with like-minded people.. finally.

I'm from Union, KY (about 20 minutes South of Cincinnati, OH) and I'm a student of TV/Film Production at Western Kentucky University. I've always been passionate about music, visual media, and communication. I love to read and write poetry, I collect tobacco pipes as a hobby, and I love Qdoba burritos. I even own and operate a small video production group I started in high school. I'm currently spending this semester in England working on a couple business classes and traveling!

Atheist isn't a word I ever thought I would use to describe myself, because I grew up with a very religious family (Dad- Catholic, Mom- Methodist) and the crazy cocktail of the two from both sides took an emotional toll on me. It wasn't until recently that I decided I had had enough of it and was ready to see the world for what it actually is.

I still don't regret my decision and challenge myself every day to think critically in new ways, while simultaneously challenging others to do the same. Happy to be here!
27-01-2015, 04:16 PM
(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?
I'm Wade, a free thinker, an athiest that doesn't advertise the fact, but doesn't shy away if others push their beliefs on others. I'm 78, from the U.S. with a much varied occupational experiences, civil engineeiring design, surveying, photo journalism, process cameraman, offset printer, licensed PI, CIA, Army 5 years, writer (magazine and books), probably more that I overlooked. Am looking forward to reading your stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes wadehthomson's post
28-01-2015, 01:27 AM
Whats up guys. I joined the forum because I enjoy TTA and I'm looking for intelligent discussion.
28-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Hi, I'm a life-long atheist, even as a kid I never took the God story any more seriously than the Santa Claus business.
I was prompted to look at this forum by a friend who is a member ( Brian37 ) who referred to a conversation he was having here. It took me longer than it should for the penny to drop that it was associated with TheThinkingAtheist podcast that I had been listening to for some time.
I have a University degree in Electrical Engineering and a strong interest in science, which personally provides a major support for my rejection of all forms of superstition.
I look forward to participating in the discussions.
28-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Welcome aboard! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
28-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Hi!
I'm a lifelong atheist - never took the God stuff any more seriously than the Father Christmas story.
I'm from Australia, where 'the importance of religion' is reported as 32% vs USA at 65%, according to Wikipedia. So atheism isn't a big deal here.
I have been a regular listener to TheThinkingAtheist podcast, altho slipped behind recently due to other pressures. Must catch up.
28-01-2015, 10:32 PM
[Image: Img19_zpsrfuuvmv2.gif]
Thread Closed