Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
06-02-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone. At least, I think this is where I introduce myself.

My username is ZoraPrime. I am new here. Oh, I guess I'm an atheist too, but that probably isn't surprising given what forum I am on. My childhood, growing up, was rather secular with the most amount of religion being involved were weekly church visits with family until I was about ten. Currently, I am a physics undergraduate; planning on going to graduate school next year (same institution; not for the academics per se but because I want to continue doing research now that I'm finishing up training). As you might suspect, science is a big interest of mine given my major; and more so than any other discipline has influenced me. Most of the books I read are popular science books, such as Randall's "What If?" or Dawkin's "Greatest Show on Earth" and other such books. I suppose that's enough about myself for now.

In either case, howdy!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ZoraPrime's post
06-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Howdy! Welcome!
07-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Wazz up everyone my name is Adam and i just wanna thank atheist meme on fb for showing me that god dosent exist so salute the them
07-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Welcome
09-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Greetings, from a 'born-again' atheist!

I am a naturalist/wildlife educator in the Bible Belt. I grew up attending a United Methodist church in a (generally) moderately religious family. I love doing research into things that interest me, science in particular, which had me waffling on my faith for quite some time. A couple of years after I graduated from college, I decided I was agnostic. In the last few months, I've reconverted to atheism.

Being in a smaller town (pop: 17,505), I am constantly surrounded by conservative Christian rhetoric, even at work. It's very isolating to feel like I can't join in on discussions involving current events, philosophy, LGBTQ equality, etc., because the vast majority of the locals, including my coworkers, are fairly vocally religious. I am looking for a community of some kind to connect with, since there seems to be none at my physical location.
10-02-2015, 01:05 AM
(09-02-2015 06:46 PM)Elapid Wrote:  Greetings, from a 'born-again' atheist!

I am a naturalist/wildlife educator in the Bible Belt. I grew up attending a United Methodist church in a (generally) moderately religious family. I love doing research into things that interest me, science in particular, which had me waffling on my faith for quite some time. A couple of years after I graduated from college, I decided I was agnostic. In the last few months, I've reconverted to atheism.

Being in a smaller town (pop: 17,505), I am constantly surrounded by conservative Christian rhetoric, even at work. It's very isolating to feel like I can't join in on discussions involving current events, philosophy, LGBTQ equality, etc., because the vast majority of the locals, including my coworkers, are fairly vocally religious. I am looking for a community of some kind to connect with, since there seems to be none at my physical location.

Hello! Big Grin

Hug
10-02-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm in England. Been reading this forum for a while. Always had a fascination with the way religion has impacted on history and so I've tried to research as much as I can about it - both history and religion. Haven't believed in any religion for a while - largely to the research throwing up so many contradictions and illogical argumentsNoDodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Cornelia's post
11-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Hello all,

I'm a 27 yr old (male) and aspiring Mental Health Nurse - been an atheist for about 4 years and enjoy reading up on philosophy, science and mental health.
11-02-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm a stay at home Mom of 3, and getting increasingly annoyed at the persecution of humanists like myself. Seems I can't say anything rational these days without pissing off someone.
[+] 1 user Likes TessandraFae's post
12-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Hey y'all

I'm a 22 year old college graduate living in Southern California, fishing for a sustainable career. I have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and am working on honing my skill set, particularly in drafting, manufacturing and reliability analysis.

Through the latter half of High-School, I had turned from Catholic to Agnostic, where lingered for the past few years. This year I started following reading op-eds and physicist accounts regarding the origin of the universe that marshaled my inevitable turn to the dark side.

“We must, however, acknowledge, as it seems to me, that man with all his noble qualities... still bears in his bodily frame the indelible stamp of his lowly origin.” ~Darwin
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post
Thread Closed