Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
06-02-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone. At least, I think this is where I introduce myself.

My username is ZoraPrime. I am new here. Oh, I guess I'm an atheist too, but that probably isn't surprising given what forum I am on. My childhood, growing up, was rather secular with the most amount of religion being involved were weekly church visits with family until I was about ten. Currently, I am a physics undergraduate; planning on going to graduate school next year (same institution; not for the academics per se but because I want to continue doing research now that I'm finishing up training). As you might suspect, science is a big interest of mine given my major; and more so than any other discipline has influenced me. Most of the books I read are popular science books, such as Randall's "What If?" or Dawkin's "Greatest Show on Earth" and other such books. I suppose that's enough about myself for now.

In either case, howdy!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ZoraPrime's post
06-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Howdy! Welcome!
07-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Wazz up everyone my name is Adam and i just wanna thank atheist meme on fb for showing me that god dosent exist so salute the them
07-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Welcome
09-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Greetings, from a 'born-again' atheist!

I am a naturalist/wildlife educator in the Bible Belt. I grew up attending a United Methodist church in a (generally) moderately religious family. I love doing research into things that interest me, science in particular, which had me waffling on my faith for quite some time. A couple of years after I graduated from college, I decided I was agnostic. In the last few months, I've reconverted to atheism.

Being in a smaller town (pop: 17,505), I am constantly surrounded by conservative Christian rhetoric, even at work. It's very isolating to feel like I can't join in on discussions involving current events, philosophy, LGBTQ equality, etc., because the vast majority of the locals, including my coworkers, are fairly vocally religious. I am looking for a community of some kind to connect with, since there seems to be none at my physical location.
10-02-2015, 01:05 AM
(09-02-2015 06:46 PM)Elapid Wrote:  Greetings, from a 'born-again' atheist!

I am a naturalist/wildlife educator in the Bible Belt. I grew up attending a United Methodist church in a (generally) moderately religious family. I love doing research into things that interest me, science in particular, which had me waffling on my faith for quite some time. A couple of years after I graduated from college, I decided I was agnostic. In the last few months, I've reconverted to atheism.

Being in a smaller town (pop: 17,505), I am constantly surrounded by conservative Christian rhetoric, even at work. It's very isolating to feel like I can't join in on discussions involving current events, philosophy, LGBTQ equality, etc., because the vast majority of the locals, including my coworkers, are fairly vocally religious. I am looking for a community of some kind to connect with, since there seems to be none at my physical location.

Hello! Big Grin

Hug
10-02-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm in England. Been reading this forum for a while. Always had a fascination with the way religion has impacted on history and so I've tried to research as much as I can about it - both history and religion. Haven't believed in any religion for a while - largely to the research throwing up so many contradictions and illogical argumentsNoDodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Cornelia's post
11-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Hello all,

I'm a 27 yr old (male) and aspiring Mental Health Nurse - been an atheist for about 4 years and enjoy reading up on philosophy, science and mental health.
11-02-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm a stay at home Mom of 3, and getting increasingly annoyed at the persecution of humanists like myself. Seems I can't say anything rational these days without pissing off someone.
[+] 1 user Likes TessandraFae's post
12-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Hey y'all

I'm a 22 year old college graduate living in Southern California, fishing for a sustainable career. I have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and am working on honing my skill set, particularly in drafting, manufacturing and reliability analysis.

Through the latter half of High-School, I had turned from Catholic to Agnostic, where lingered for the past few years. This year I started following reading op-eds and physicist accounts regarding the origin of the universe that marshaled my inevitable turn to the dark side.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post
Thread Closed