Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
13-02-2015, 02:57 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi,

I did not grow up with Athiest support. My family is Roman Catholic. I have only recently shared by doubts about my faith. I want real answers.

I would like to join a community of people who could help me find trusted sources for things I have been told are true (eg eucharistic miracles, statues that shed tears, the sun dancing, miraculous cures from cancers... Etc)

I have a lot of questions. I hope to find a few patient athiests who can point me to some good materials and videos Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Suzanne's post
13-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Welcome.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
13-02-2015, 11:49 PM
Hello, everybody. I am an engineer living the dream in Alaska. It is so great to find a community of people who may not think like me, but, like me, think.[/font]
[+] 3 users Like AKBetty's post
14-02-2015, 01:08 AM
Hi everyone, so glad to welcome you to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-02-2015, 04:41 AM
Hi Everyone!
Hey there! My name is Brenton. I'm a truth seeker by nature, and logic is my weapon of choice. The best thing about me, though, is that I am NOT a troll. Yay!

I am very open minded, even to the point that I consider myself a Cartesian skeptic as well as a solipsist. I can accept anyone's belief as valid in their eyes, and I understand that everyone believes something different for their own reasons, which I can respect.

I look forward to many stimulating conversations here!
14-02-2015, 05:07 AM
Hello. My name is Gerda, I'm 27 years old and I have been an atheist since last year. I grew up in the Christian church, specifically a Baptist church. My parents are very devoted christians and I was pretty much dragged to church ever since I was out of the womb. I believed in a god ever since I started thinking really, and the idea of a deity like that was very deeply rooted in my mind.

I think I started to doubt a bit already in my teenage years, although those thoughts seemed really awful to me at the time so I shut them down completely. But over the years, due to both the treatment I got in the church and at home I started to drift away from christianity. At first the idea of becoming an atheist seemed scary, as it does probably for many christians. But it actually came to me more naturally than I thought.

Youtube has been a huge part of why I became an atheist. The first atheist there that I started to follow was Hement Mehta, the friendly atheist. I really liked his thoughts and the things he said made so much sense. After a while I found this channel and ulitmately this chat. I'm excited to share my thoughts and to hear the thoughts of others. Over a short period of time I have become a very devoted atheist but I have remained peaceful about it just like I was as a christian.
14-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Hi fellow atheists,

I am 58, and left Islam 10 years ago. I had realised that there is NOBODY "up there" looking after me or anybody else and decided to leave all that nonsense behind me.

I like the TA podcasts and have listened to about half of them so far. It is great to know I'm not alone.
14-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Hello to all the new members!

Thumbsup

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Welcome all!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
16-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Hey everyone!

My name is Anthony, I am a data center technician. I enjoy playing video games, watching anime, gardening, and listening to audio books. I grew up Christian and I loved science and found that science answered more questions than faith did. My family are all Christians. I have not fully come out as an atheist but I kind of like people not knowing what my religious views are because I prefer my actions speak for me. When people do ask I tell them. Anyways Hope to chat with you all.
Thread Closed