Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
23-02-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm Tom, I'm 18 and I'm a music student in the UK. I play guitar, bass and even sing a little. I've got experience in songwriting. Outside of college, I'm a bassist in a rock band and a gamer nerd.

I listen to a lot of rock and metal and a little bit of punk. My favourite rock band is Evanescence and my favourite metal band is Xandria (yeah, I love symphonic metal xD). I recently started exploring black metal after listening to death metal for over a year. Some of the bands I listen to are; Black Veil Brides, Bon Jovi, Black Sabbath, Bring Me The Horizon, Suicide Silence, Within Temptation, Motionless in White, Arch Enemy, Cannibal Corpse, Carpathian Forest and Dimmu Borgir. I'd be here all morning naming every band xD.

I enjoy reading and watching TV/films. My favourite film genres are horror, fantasy/sci-fi and action and my favourite book genres are horror and fantasy. My favourite book series is Harry Potter, my favourite TV series is Doctor Who and my favourite film series is also Harry Potter.

I dislike a lot of sports. I like ice hockey and motor racing though. Especially Formula 1, Rally and V8 Supercars.

I am currently an atheist and open about it. I was once a Christian (despite being a Christian at the time, I continued to support the LGBT fully and openly within the church). I'm currently looking into LaVeyan Satanism for study and maybe more in the future. I've found that me and LaVeyan Satanists have similar beliefs and I've wondered about it since I met one which was a month or two ago.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Tom Bentham's post
23-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Greetings from the warm and beautiful city of Cleveland Ohio.
Been around these forums for a while now. I finally decided to register so I can contribute rather than just observe.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sjp2's post
23-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone, George here and just found out about this forum from another totally unrelated forum. While I have tried to keep up with the latest news on American Atheists and occasionally check in with a local group I have not been to a site as interactive as this.

I was raised as a Christian, kind of. My mother felt obligated to bring me to church on Sunday to get my spiritual education and we attended services religiously (ha ha) until my confirmation at age 12. At that point I was given the choice, would I like to continue to attend or not? Short answer, no. Frankly, it seems to me that if you're going to say that you believe in god, Jesus or any other characters in the bible then you'd better be able to say truthfully that you believe that with all your heart. I can't say that, just don't feel it.

A shout out to Tom in the UK. You like a little punk and you don't listen to Bad Religion? Most of their songs are about reason in this age of fantasy.
[+] 2 users Like Griffmeister's post
24-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Hello, I am an Australian who was brought up a Christian and only recently converted to Atheism..And because I still live with my parents it's tough for me.
[+] 1 user Likes Saphizcool's post
24-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Hi! I'm from the Philippines.

There's a place here called Quiapo and there's a sign there that says:
"Philippines, the only Catholic country in Asia"
and at the bottom there's another sign that says:
"Beware of pickpockets"

That pretty much sums up where I'm at. I'm the only Atheist I know here. No wonder I feel the need to get together with other freethinkers.

The majority of people here have a strong desire to believe than to know.
I'm the odd one out because i choose science, reason, rational thinking and reality over supernatural primitive voodoo shtick.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes The Shoegazer's post
24-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Welcome, to all the new members.

Enjoy your stay (and don't slip on the trolls).

Smile

25-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Welcome, new people!
25-02-2015, 05:37 PM
(23-02-2015 09:59 PM)Griffmeister Wrote:  A shout out to Tom in the UK. You like a little punk and you don't listen to Bad Religion? Most of their songs are about reason in this age of fantasy.

Haha. I've heard of Bad Religion but I haven't had the time to give them a go. Isn't one of their songs called American Jesus?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-02-2015, 11:13 PM
(25-02-2015 05:37 PM)Tom Bentham Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 09:59 PM)Griffmeister Wrote:  A shout out to Tom in the UK. You like a little punk and you don't listen to Bad Religion? Most of their songs are about reason in this age of fantasy.

Haha. I've heard of Bad Religion but I haven't had the time to give them a go. Isn't one of their songs called American Jesus?

I saw those guys for free at younge and dundas square in Toronto, was literally up against the stage barrier. Crazy mosh pits. Almost crowd surfed, had to tell the guy to put me down cause I was wearing a kilt and there was no way anyone was coming out of that without needing some eye bleach.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
26-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Hello fellow Atheist!
Hello, I´m a from Argentina. I've been an Atheist since i can remember. I believe my Atheism is due to my analysis and logic ability, as also my intelligence and my IQ. I've been researching for over a year about atheism and IQ and discovered that fellow atheist have a higher IQ than those who are religious, they are smarter, they are logic, reasonable people. Are you the same?
[+] 1 user Likes BlackLady's post
Thread Closed