Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
06-03-2015, 12:54 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Big Grin Hey Heathens!

That Atheist here.

Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully find some interesting discussion among friends and like thinkers.

I run an Atheist facebook page but I am really just looking for community and a place where I can speak freely on issues of religion, politics, humanism and humor!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Find all posts by this user
06-03-2015, 01:17 AM
Hello! Big Grin
08-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Hi all

I'm Mark from Bergen op Zoom (NLD).
I'm a part time art student (photography) and for my finale work i want to do a project around How religion make me a better person (as a atheist).
What parts of religion can i take/use to become a better person.

Alain de Botton says : Religion is like a buffet we can take the thing we like and leave the things we won't.

Religion has brings us bad things but i dont want to focus on that i want to see the good things that it has brought us.

as i'm tot a great writer (in english even worse) i hope that my speak more

Greetings Mark
08-03-2015, 01:04 PM
(08-03-2015 12:51 PM)Malakos Wrote:  So far it looks nice

It's the blood of Christians spillled in the orgy every Friday. Keeps us sane. Well... Saner than we would be otherwise.

Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Hello. I am Michael. I am 20 (21 in April). I am from Dorset, England. I am an apprentice brewer and distiller.

My roots lie in both Catholicism and Orthodoxy (as I converted at the age of 14). But I have been an atheist openly for two years. And quietly since I was 16.

I believe that nobody has the right to anything. It is earned. If you do not work, you do not eat. I do not subscribe to the compensation culture that evolves in my country. I despise the thought that anybody is owed anything. You have no innate worth. We are all equal. From the United States to Eritrea, we are all as one.

I am angry for all the lies I have suffered.

I am angry for all the suffering that the imaginary friends of others have caused.

I am angry that I must fear legal repercussions for airing my views in public concerning the damage that current minority faiths in my country are doing.

I am angry that I must respect the beliefs of other people who willingly live in ignorance and try to spread it among others.

I am angry that I suffer guilt for turning my back on the faith my family holds dear.

I am angry that my mother both loves me and considers me an enemy.

I am angry because the fountain of knowledge lies beyond the veil of theism. And that the people I love most deny the truth because of a lifetime of dedication.

I am angry because I feel pressure to conceal my views from public speech, if only to save family reputation.

I am angry because I alone cannot change this.

Το βάρος της απόδειξης βαρύνει αυτούς που κάνουν την αξίωση
08-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Greetings fellow skeptics! In brief, this writer is very old, very tired, and reluctant to say more. Merely composing this intro was enervating. I need to rest now... pesky rigormortis again. I'll try do better next time, and maybe answer some of the great riddles of life. No

"Why should it be that a grain of opium often provides more felicity than all the treatises of philosophers"?
08-03-2015, 06:55 PM
Hi, new here. So when can I start posting.......... :hi:
08-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Hey, I am a atheist born and raised in a christian family. Im 15 and ive been severly doubting wether or not there is a god for a year or so. Im definitly not a open athiest (yet) for fear of what the reactions of my family would be. I am very exited however to start discussing and learning more about athestic veiws.

P.S sorry for any spelling errora I am writing this on a phone and the key board is to small for my giant fingers lol.
09-03-2015, 01:47 AM
Hej allihopa - Hello all!
I’m from Sweden and I’ve been visiting this forum for quite a while. Figured it was time to finally post something.

However, not a Saint.
09-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Hi gang.

I'm 46, married with two young daughters, and living in the Albany, NY, area. I've spent my entire career in university fundraising.

I was raised in Hattiesburg, MS, to what I call a Southern Baptist light family. While we did go to church fairly regularly, we were ab it too practical to make it the center of our lives and we always kind of made fun of the "holy rollers" as we called them. Mind you, this was the early-mid 80s before fundamentalism really took hold of the Southern Baptist church.

My path to atheism began early as I recall always having doubts about the historicity of the Bible. As I grew older, religion really wasn't a part of my life. When I got interested in skepticism a few years back and started voraciously devouring any podcast I could find, it was a pretty easy leap from questioning things like Bigfoot, UFOs, and ghosts to God, Jesus, and religion in general. I found The Thinking Atheist in late 2013 and haven't missed an episode yet.

I'm not sure why it took me so long to jump into the forum community here as I'm very active on other skepticism forums, but anywho, I'm here now and look forward to getting to know everyone.
Thread Closed