Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
08-04-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Still down I see. Dammit. I was really looking forward to starting that mafia game today.
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2015, 11:05 AM
(08-04-2015 11:00 AM)Exian Wrote:  Alex! It's a damn family reunion over here.

Family reunion sure sounds better than swarm of locusts, or AF rejects, or Drich followers Big Grin

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 2 users Like Alex K's post
08-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Hello everyone, heard you guys mentioned at AF quite a bit, thought I'd come over and mooch a chair and meet you all while AF is down.

I'm a cranky old lady atheist from Tucson, with too many dogs and a penchant for cooking.
[+] 2 users Like Desert Diva's post
08-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Hi! I'm a 27 year old mother of 2. Been married for almost 5 years. I've been a fundamentalist Christian my whole life and at the beginning of this year (2015) started my journey toward becoming a dirty heathen! In all seriousness, it was a very difficult decision that I took very seriously and I'm now so happy that I did. I'm an atheist and proud of it. Seth's podcast has been a HUGE help to me in the transition. I'm looking forward to forming friendships with other like-minded people.
[+] 4 users Like Jenica's post
08-04-2015, 02:13 PM
(08-04-2015 11:05 AM)Alex K Wrote:  Family reunion sure sounds better than swarm of locusts, or AF rejects, or Drich followers Big Grin

I wish real life family reunions were like this instead.
[+] 2 users Like Maratiga's post
08-04-2015, 02:48 PM
(31-03-2015 05:34 AM)Maratiga Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 01:28 AM)Alex K Wrote:  What, now I can't indulge in my hobby of witty, humorouslame misspellings when you're around? That's not fair!Gasp

Germany with a capital 'G' and alright with one 'L'. Pretty please *nervous twitch*

And warn me ahead of time if you're going to purposefully misspell 'exactly' again, I need the camomile tea and aspirin.

*Chamomile Tongue

Hi guys Smile

I'm Becca. I'm an AF reject (well, mod), just looking for a pierceable vein. Thanks for being such lovely hosts.
[+] 2 users Like rexbeccarox's post
08-04-2015, 04:06 PM
(08-04-2015 01:25 PM)Jenica Wrote:  Hi! I'm a 27 year old mother of 2. Been married for almost 5 years. I've been a fundamentalist Christian my whole life and at the beginning of this year (2015) started my journey toward becoming a dirty heathen! In all seriousness, it was a very difficult decision that I took very seriously and I'm now so happy that I did. I'm an atheist and proud of it. Seth's podcast has been a HUGE help to me in the transition. I'm looking forward to forming friendships with other like-minded people.

Sounds exciting to deconvert under these circumstances, with the kids and all. How's the hubby taking it?

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 1 user Likes Alex K's post
08-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Wow, a fundie to an atheist in three months! It's been a busy year for you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Hello All!

I am the proud product of a Lutheran mother and Catholic father. All those are the proclaimed faiths of my parents we rarely went to church. Christmas, Easter, and when Grandma was in town. That was pretty much it. My mom simply asked me one day when I was probably 13 what religion would I like to take and I said neither. This didn't exactly sit well with her and she was concerned for my soul. My dad on the other had gave no reaction at all, simply saying it's my life and my choice.

So I left religion behind at that point not giving it too much thought. I didn't identify as atheist I simply didn't care one way or the other. As I've gotten older and really looked at religion objectively from the outside and seen first hand what it has done to a few friends I have I can unequivocally say religion is one of the worst creations man has ever imposed upon this world. I am a proud atheist!

I now live in Los Angeles with my wife and two kids, spreading the secular doctrine of thinking for yourself.
[+] 1 user Likes Archleach's post
14-04-2015, 03:28 AM
Hi!

I'm a 45 yrs old and the father of two sons. I live in Arkansas. I've been a quiet atheist most of my life. I don't want to be quiet any more and the first step (in my mind) is to hear what other atheists have to say.
Thread Closed