Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
17-04-2015, 05:40 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(17-04-2015 05:22 AM)rosieisaposie Wrote:  Hi. I'm an atheist.

Welcome Smile I suppose Judaism is pretty much the place to explore what Moses supposes about anything Wink sounds like your parents are deconverting themselves...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
17-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Hello everybody... First of all, I'm glad to be here: I've heard about this place so many times that, eventually, I came to take a look.

I'm an italian civil servant, grown up in a catholic family, atheist ever since I was teenager.

What else? I hope to learn here a looooot of things I don't know yet.

I know I know... my english may not be as correct and fluent as yours. Please feel free to correct me any time.
[+] 1 user Likes newpeppe's post
18-04-2015, 01:26 AM
I'm from Asia, Indonesia..
18-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Hello I was raised Roman Catholic in New Jersey for the better part of my early life. I went threw all the acts of confirmation. I attended CCD classes and after church groups. My Father was a non pratacing Prodastent, and my Mother Roman Catholic. I

I went to an Art collage In Philadelphia and was hit with hundreds of different beliefs and life views which put my personal beliefs to the test. I would often start small debates with people that held strong beliefs hoping that they would come back with some irrefutable truth. I never got it.

After collage I had a few jobs in the comic book industry and wanted to come up with a comic book about a man that fell into a cult. I wanted it to be accurate, so i started looking into cults James Town, Heavens gate etc. At the time Tom Cruis was in the news a lot pushing Scientology. So I looked into that. The more i delved into this hearing about all the off the wall ideas that they had I took a step back and questioned my own faith. I started calling myself a Agnostic but i leaned more for a personal god. I'd pray to myself and felt at times i was having a converstion (one sided) since that time i've never stop testing myself and other beliefs. Then with youtube i found tons of strong minded Atheists Aronra, Amazing Randi, Atheist Experience, Richard Dawkins Christopher Hitchens and of course The Thinking Atheist. In resent years I've come to full terms with my Atheism and it feels right.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
20-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Hello. I was raised an Atheist in Salt Lake City, UT. I've served in the US Navy on active duty, and in the Utah Army National Guard for a number of years now. Been listening to The Podcast for over a year now, but never visited the site. I'm an open atheist, but don't actively talk about it unless it's brought up by others.
20-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Hi.
I'm from Poland. I am liberal and atheist, strongly interested in history - particulary XX century, first years of USRR and Final Solution mostly - and literature.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
20-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Hello! My name is Danae and I live in beautiful Denver Colorado. I am a fairly new atheist. I grew up with my father a Tea-Party, gun-toting bigot and my mother a Pentecostal doomsday fundamentalist. My parents were separated so my grandmother helped raise me, she was Mormon.
I have had a broad spectrum indoctrination. Having attended Mormon and Non-Denominational churches. When I started to question the church teachings I switched over to the works of Wayne Dyer and Deepok Chopra and other new age teachings. When I married my husband I had to be baptized Episcopalian in order to be married in his family church which has been in the family for 5 generations.
My husband and I are both atheist and are raising 3 daughter under the age of 11. My mother was sending me daily "Your gonna go to hell if you dont repent and believe in christ Youtube videos and articles" My Dad stopped talking to me 2 years ago because I am a democrat and a non-racist adult.
I have listened to almost all of the archive podcasts and really identify and enjoy Seth and his guests. I am currently in school for Journalism to learn how to cultivate my voice in the secular community and to help others find theirs.
My search for truth and reality has caused a lot of conflict within my self. I honestly was shocked and disappointed to find out there was no collaboration with a diety. Nobody in the sky looking after my well being, no one to answer my prayers, no continuation of my soul and no family waiting for me once I die.
To be honest, it bothers me. I am still trying to cope with the reality I have discovered and I am trying to cope with all of the change. I am a seeker of truth and I have found it through studying and reading Dawkins, Krauss, Andrews and other pioneers in the atheist movement.
I hope to find community and support here in this forum and look forward to talking with you all!
Finding my way,
Skepticmom
[+] 5 users Like Skepticmom's post
20-04-2015, 06:20 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm Dave, and it's about time that I developed a few atheist friends. I'm surrounded on all sides by good people who believe in sky gods. It's threatening my sanity.

I'm in Los Angeles - Altadena more precisely. A musician of some reputation here, and building a good community around music.

Eager to have the occasional conversation will people who have not walled parts of their minds off from critical thought.

Dave
[+] 1 user Likes DaveMorrison's post
20-04-2015, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2015 07:09 PM by pablo.)
Welcome everyone!
Dave Morrison are you Back To Zero?
20-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Hey, my name's Dave and I am a 44 year old white dude that identifies as atheist from Oklahoma, OK. I was baptized catholic and raised protestant and was one of the faithful. I was in the service for a number of years and got to meet people from all over the world, people that have different beliefs, perspectives and superstitions. I started to understand that not all of us can be right, and following that logic, none of us probably were. I became a non-believer when I was about 27 years old but didn't come out as agnostic until i was about 30. at about 38 I fully emerged from the atheist closet. Most of my family and friends still don't accept my decision but play along like I may change my mind someday, they truly and deeply love me. I will admit that it was the best life changing decision I have ever made, I am not ashamed and will not be made to feel that way. I don't feel angry or betrayed anymore, more like annoyed with a hint of regret at my time in the shackles of religion, when I condemned and tried to convert others to abandon reason for fairy tails. I have listened to Seth on the thinking atheist for a little more than a year now and would like to be a part of your community. I hope that this will be a long and fulfilling relationship, cheers.
[+] 5 users Like dodger's post
Thread Closed