Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
21-04-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi from California! My name is Jenny. I was raised Irish Catholic, then became a Christian (full blown Jesus freak kinda Christian lol) and now I am happy and proud to say that I am an atheist. Thank you science and reason!!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Hello. I am from Canada.
22-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the newbies! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
22-04-2015, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 06:32 PM by PuffinHunter.)
Hello everyone! My name is Landon. I'm a 21 year-old native Kansan that grew up with a wonderful community and two incredible parents that instilled in me a craving to seek out God. Growing up i went to a church of christ (yes, the one that believed drums were of the devil and that women weren't fit for the podium) and had many bad ideologies fed to me with all the best intentions. After being absorbed in the idea of God and furthering that passion to learn more and become closer to God, i unexpectedly came out on the other side as an Atheist.

I do my best to use my former passion as a believer and re-direct it to help others in my life seek an unfiltered truth. I can count on my fingers the amount of atheists i've come in contact with in my town, and would just like to have some similar thinking people to bounce ideas off of (which led me to this forum). Anyways, I love hearing perspectives, stories and opinions about belief or life in general from others, so feel free to message me!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like PuffinHunter's post
23-04-2015, 04:07 AM
Hello,

I am a fifty year old gentleman from Quebec, Canada. I have been a searcher all my life. I came out as an atheist only after my parents died fifteen years ago. I concider myself a Gnostic Atheist. I love science and history.
23-04-2015, 10:12 AM
I'm a 44 year old family man from Texas who loves music, philosophy, arts, sciences, games, sex, extreme sports, good food, drink, and conversation. I was an evangelical Christian well into my 30s. I am now fairly openly apostate.
[+] 2 users Like Bacchus's post
23-04-2015, 07:59 PM
(23-04-2015 10:12 AM)Bacchus Wrote:  I'm a 44 year old family man from Texas who loves music, philosophy, arts, sciences, games, sex, extreme sports, good food, drink, and conversation. I was an evangelical Christian well into my 30s. I am now fairly openly apostate.

oh my fucking gandalf...sooooooo excited to seeeee youuuu!
Big Grin

welcome bae! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
23-04-2015, 08:01 PM
(23-04-2015 07:59 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 10:12 AM)Bacchus Wrote:  I'm a 44 year old family man from Texas who loves music, philosophy, arts, sciences, games, sex, extreme sports, good food, drink, and conversation. I was an evangelical Christian well into my 30s. I am now fairly openly apostate.

oh my fucking gandalf...sooooooo excited to seeeee youuuu!
Big Grin

welcome bae! Heart

Sweet (((Dee)))... You are such a doll!
[+] 1 user Likes Bacchus's post
23-04-2015, 08:09 PM
[Image: FB_IMG_1429725486958_zpsksh7iyf9.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
23-04-2015, 09:32 PM
I am a 40-something mother of two from Washington state and a counselor for at-risk youth. I am passionate about social justice and helping others.
I wanted to be religious my whole life but no matter how hard I tried, I could never make myself "believe." It has only been within the past four years that I got brave enough to acknowledge and accept that I was atheist (and really had been all along) and that heaven and hell were just a scam. I consider myself to be a secular humanist and love my new-found freedom from the tyranny of religious beliefs.
[+] 2 users Like BirdyBird's post
Thread Closed