Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
04-05-2015, 12:37 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
You are very welcome here. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Hello everyone... I'm a late 20's math graduate student and atheist. Just living life, trying to not go any more insane than I currently am. Looking forward to some good discussions.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TheFallen's post
05-05-2015, 06:52 AM
(04-05-2015 10:54 PM)TheFallen Wrote:  Hello everyone... I'm a late 20's math graduate student and atheist. Just living life, trying to not go any more insane than I currently am. Looking forward to some good discussions.

Welcome to TTA.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-05-2015, 07:06 AM
(04-05-2015 06:17 AM)foilhatmike Wrote:  Greetings. I've enjoyed the podcast for years now and figured it might be time for a bit of conversation.

I live in SC. I'm a former minister who, after 25 years, left the ministry due to my reasoning my way out of religious faith.

I now teach in a local community college and enjoy sleeping in most Sundays!

There are many like you, FoilhatMike. Welcome to reason. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Thought I'd add this rather disjointed bio from my profile as my intro thread was lacking anything of substance Wink

A 31yo godless heathen destined to burn forever in the lake of eternal fire with the rest of the blaspheming heretics, sinners and sodomites... which actually sounds faintly reminiscent of a nightclub I used to frequent in my early 20's...

Likes: music, reading, cooking, alcohol, Football (Soccer FFS!), meeting new people, sloth, greed, gluttony & casual adultery.

Dislikes: intolerance, ignorance, tabloid journalism, people who idolise braindead celebrities, alpha males & 'lad' culture.

Open minded, liberal, openly gay but feel no need to be proud as I don't let it be my sole defining trait. There's also not a great deal that I take too seriously (there's a shocker)!

I was also going to add 'fairly intelligent' to that list, but a few days on here and I feel the need to drop my self evaluation down several rungs on the ladder compared to you lot!

That's all I can think of, so clear off! Big Grin

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes LostLegend's post
05-05-2015, 12:08 PM
(04-05-2015 06:17 AM)foilhatmike Wrote:  Greetings. I've enjoyed the podcast for years now and figured it might be time for a bit of conversation.

I live in SC. I'm a former minister who, after 25 years, left the ministry due to my reasoning my way out of religious faith.

I now teach in a local community college and enjoy sleeping in most Sundays!

Greetings from a fellow South Carolinian!
05-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Hi Everyone -

I'm a 61 yr old Atheist from West Des Moines, Iowa. It's harder to out yourself as an Atheist than it is to be LGBT still. Only a few folks know my true beliefs. I am culturally catholic.
[+] 1 user Likes Grouchodawg's post
05-05-2015, 05:49 PM
(05-05-2015 02:17 PM)Grouchodawg Wrote:  Hi Everyone -

I'm a 61 yr old Atheist from West Des Moines, Iowa. It's harder to out yourself as an Atheist than it is to be LGBT still. Only a few folks know my true beliefs. I am culturally catholic.
Welcome aboard. I agree, that in today's politically charged climate, the vocal majority is opposed to equal rights for believers and nonbelievers. I'm optimistic that in the not too distant future, being open about non belief will be an afterthought. Until then, we've got each others backWink
05-05-2015, 06:12 PM
(05-05-2015 02:17 PM)Grouchodawg Wrote:  Hi Everyone -

Welcome to TTA.

Sorry to hear you are so downtrodden because of your beliefs!
I hope your time here can help you deal with your difficulties! Hug

On a side note, Des Moines does ring a bell for me as I am a massive Bill Bryson fan! Big Grin

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
05-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Hi! I am a 35 yo Humanist, healthcare worker, & current engineering student from Western Virginia. I would bet I am living in the most religious area in the country. Shew, maybe I can take a breath of fresh air with fellow free thinkers! I hope to enjoy the various, intellectual topics on this board.
[+] 2 users Like Timj's post
Thread Closed