Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
05-05-2015, 08:33 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?

As my name indicates, I am an atheist in Texas. I am thoroughly disgusted with the State Politics and reigning 'party' and hope to live long enough to see the day when open atheists can run and be elected for office, with promise to stop the insidious legislation that demeans and or discriminates against the freedoms of our Citizens, via the tyrannical oppressions of religion.

I started a FB page to vent as an atheist, with hope of interaction, but while a few folks liked it... and the many memes I present there... no one really seems up for 'conversation'.

I honestly enjoy pointing out to 'believers' why I reject Christianity specifically and any other religion, in general. It is probably not the 'best way' to make friends... heehee... but... the ones I do make are 'good ones'. Thumbsup

Thank you, Deep Thought, for the welcome. Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Texas Atheist's post
07-05-2015, 08:23 AM
Brand new atheist here.

My screen name is a reference to my first favorite Bible story, as I'm rereading it (I'm currently in Deuteronomy). The first real martyr who was punished for telling the truth.

Didn't become an atheist because I'm angry at God for allowing tragedy in the world. No.

Just came to the realization of, why bother? It's the unknown. We don't know, and probably never will. Everything can be explained independent from God, so why believe in God?

That's where I am right now.
[+] 4 users Like WalkingSnake's post
07-05-2015, 10:40 PM
zerotheist
Angel
(30-08-2010 10:44 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I'm a fat guy from from England who draws dolphins and plans to marry one (*epic face* xD)

I also plan to put in so many threads that people will start thinking this forum is 4 times bigger Big Grin
08-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Welcome everyone! Let us know if you need anything, listen to some podcasts, read some threads, crawl through the plethora of resources available, ask questions, share stories, provide info etc Glad you are here!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Hi, Some people "aren't joiners" and that's quite a good way to be. However, it isn't much help when campaigning is required, such as is needed to oppose the harm religion does. I come from the UK where we still have "faith schools". I like to join humanist, atheist, skeptic, freethinking, Brights, rationalist, secularist and any other group of non-believer that helps free humanity from the curse of religious superstitions, barbaric rituals (such as child genital mutilation) and sectarianism. I hope to meet some like-minded people here.
[+] 5 users Like Zeff's post
11-05-2015, 07:25 AM
I am government employee and independent learner from Pakistan.
[+] 2 users Like faisal6309's post
12-05-2015, 11:44 PM
hello....Smile
I'm an atheist from india......
[+] 2 users Like alpha8994's post
13-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Welcome Zeff, Faisal, and Alpha!
Glad you made it! Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-05-2015, 01:11 PM
I am a recently retired teacher of Computing and Critical Thinking in England. I am a member of both the British Humanist Association and the National Secular Society. I was raised without religion so fortunately didn't have to go through a painful process of losing my faith. I have always been completely open about my atheism and have never found it a disadvantage nor had to hide it - not that I would have been able to. When I was a teenager I believed that I would see in my lifetime the virtual extinction of religion in the world. How naive can you be! In many parts of the world the denial of equal rights to atheists seems far more entrenched than to women or gay people, when all they are 'guilty' of is using their own reason rather than swallowing the groupthink. I want to present a humane and considerate alternative to the religious in the hope that many more people will see that life is better without mumbo-jumbo.
[+] 4 users Like cjcmay's post
15-05-2015, 01:54 PM
(15-05-2015 01:11 PM)cjcmay Wrote:  I am a recently retired teacher of Computing and Critical Thinking in England. I am a member of both the British Humanist Association and the National Secular Society. I was raised without religion so fortunately didn't have to go through a painful process of losing my faith. I have always been completely open about my atheism and have never found it a disadvantage nor had to hide it - not that I would have been able to. When I was a teenager I believed that I would see in my lifetime the virtual extinction of religion in the world. How naive can you be! In many parts of the world the denial of equal rights to atheists seems far more entrenched than to women or gay people, when all they are 'guilty' of is using their own reason rather than swallowing the groupthink. I want to present a humane and considerate alternative to the religious in the hope that many more people will see that life is better without mumbo-jumbo.
Welcome. Big Grin

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
Thread Closed