Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
15-05-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(15-05-2015 01:11 PM)cjcmay Wrote:  I was raised without religion so fortunately didn't have to go through a painful process of losing my faith.

Same here and Welcome!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
16-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Former Catholic/Bahai for many years, cleared my mind (finally) about 2 years ago. What do I accept as part of rational thinking? Science, and the Rams moving back to Los Angeles where they belong.
16-05-2015, 12:48 PM
(16-05-2015 12:29 PM)DeaconJones75 Wrote:  Former Catholic/Bahai for many years, cleared my mind (finally) about 2 years ago. What do I accept as part of rational thinking? Science, and the Rams moving back to Los Angeles where they belong.

So are they the Los Angeles Rams now? lol Welcome!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-05-2015, 01:26 PM
(16-05-2015 12:48 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(16-05-2015 12:29 PM)DeaconJones75 Wrote:  Former Catholic/Bahai for many years, cleared my mind (finally) about 2 years ago. What do I accept as part of rational thinking? Science, and the Rams moving back to Los Angeles where they belong.

So are they the Los Angeles Rams now? lol Welcome!
Thanks, and no, they're still in St. louis, but they need to go back home.
16-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Howdy folks.

I'm a 31-year old atheist who deconverted from Mormonism about a year ago. Not really up for relaying my whole life history right at this moment, but if for some reason someone has a random question to shoot at me I'll take a swing at it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to adding The Thinking Atheist to list of message boards I frequent.

Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.
[+] 3 users Like Dravin's post
16-05-2015, 07:36 PM
I am a 32 year old Pathologists' Assistant, mom, wife, and avid reader from Texas. And I can't really think of anything else to say that doesn't make it sound like I am introducing myself on Wheel of Fortune.
[+] 3 users Like Podkayne's post
18-05-2015, 03:39 AM
(15-05-2015 01:11 PM)cjcmay Wrote:  I am a recently retired teacher of Computing and Critical Thinking in England. I am a member of both the British Humanist Association and the National Secular Society. .. I have always been completely open about my atheism and have never found it a disadvantage nor had to hide it - not that I would have been able to...
Hi Cjcmay. Entirely agree with you.
Now the BHA website forum is 'read only' and no more discussions there are possible, I think the only forum available in the UK for non-believers may be on AtheismUK (and some Bright meetup websites)? Anyway, this site offers international opinion which is often more interesting.
20-05-2015, 01:12 AM
Hello!

I'm a manager from Oklahoma. I started listening to the podcast back in January off and on, but started full-time in February. I consider myself an atheist and have been for some time (probably going on six or seven years?). At any rate, I've enjoyed the TTA podcast and just now decided to register for the forums. Anyway, pleased to meet you all. Smile
[+] 2 users Like JupiterSWarrior's post
20-05-2015, 05:54 AM
(20-05-2015 01:12 AM)JupiterSWarrior Wrote:  Hello!

I'm a manager from Oklahoma. I started listening to the podcast back in January off and on, but started full-time in February. I consider myself an atheist and have been for some time (probably going on six or seven years?). At any rate, I've enjoyed the TTA podcast and just now decided to register for the forums. Anyway, pleased to meet you all. Smile

[Image: graphics-welcome-497315.gif]

20-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Tongue RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm a 30 year old CPA from South Africa.

I consider myself a humanist, skeptic and agnostic atheist and I love spaghetti...
[+] 4 users Like The Vulcan's post
Thread Closed