Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
04-06-2015, 12:10 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(03-06-2015 11:21 PM)jerseygirlar Wrote:  I've always struggled with depression. Even though I do have friends, i wouldn't say I have a great support network or really one at all. Everyone is always so busy with their own lives, they don't really have time for my shit and I don't want to burden them.

I know exactly how you feel! It sucks sooooo much, I can totally relate and can hear you out if needed, other than that welcome and i hope you enjoy your stay, you will meet many nice and caring people here who would love to help you vent Thumbsup jump right in, you will probably even learn more than you ever thought you would about many things.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
04-06-2015, 12:54 PM
(03-06-2015 11:21 PM)jerseygirlar Wrote:  They also broke the lock on my bedroom door, so now I have no barrier from them and they just come into my room whenever they feel like it.

Get a hasp and staple and install it on the inside. 3 screws, one screwdriver, one hasp and staple, one padlock. Cheap and easy. Welcome to the forum Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone!

Nice to meet you all (assuming my post gets a nod from the mods).

I am an atheist and I like to mull-over and chew the proverbial. I am not anti-theist, frankly theism registers highly on my 'don't-care-o-meter'.

Broadly speaking my philosophy stems from that I consider humans to be driven by their base needs - even today - and our constructs are extensions of our biology. To whit I am staunchly anti-meliorist.

Other than that I like a good debate and have a fondness for decent single malt Speyside Scotch, generally not at the same time.

Archi
[+] 2 users Like ArchibaldFunkdust's post
04-06-2015, 06:44 PM
(04-06-2015 04:25 PM)ArchibaldFunkdust Wrote:  Hi everyone!

Nice to meet you all (assuming my post gets a nod from the mods).

I am an atheist and I like to mull-over and chew the proverbial. I am not anti-theist, frankly theism registers highly on my 'don't-care-o-meter'.

Broadly speaking my philosophy stems from that I consider humans to be driven by their base needs - even today - and our constructs are extensions of our biology. To whit I am staunchly anti-meliorist.

Other than that I like a good debate and have a fondness for decent single malt Speyside Scotch, generally not at the same time.

Archi
Love your username! Laugh out load

Welcome! Smile

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
04-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Welcome Archi. Smile
04-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Welcome to TTA!
05-06-2015, 01:49 AM
(04-06-2015 06:44 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  Love your username! Laugh out load
Welcome! Smile

Thank you.

And thank you everyone else for the warm welcome.

Archi

"I love the term magic realism. It's about expanding how you see the world. I think we live in an age where we're just hammered to think this is what the world is. Everything's saying 'That's the world.' And it's not the world. The world is a million possible things." - TG

Salman Rushdie talks to Terry Gilliam
05-06-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm here for the opportunity to hear multiple perspectives and educate myself based on the knowledge I find. I think it's amazing that this forum is here and who doesn't love Seth Andrews? Just saying
06-06-2015, 01:27 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Andrea. I have listened to the podcast for awhile now but am brand-new to the forum. I work in manufacturing. I live in Michigan with my wonderful boyfriend and our children (4 between the two of us). I was raised a casual-Catholic. I fell out of it completely by the time I was thirteen. Currently, I consider myself an agnostic. I'm looking to chat up some like-minded people for some interesting conversation. My boyfriend is a casual-Christian (he would say Lutheran but whatever) so our discussions involving a lot of big issues can get heated (I love him to death but one can only argue about some things so much, you know?) So I decided to find new people to discuss the world's problems with Smile
06-06-2015, 06:21 AM
Expat in Germany
I'm a middle-aged American living in Germany, in an academic town in the south of the country. I teach history in a German school. Long-time atheist/skeptic, several-year listener to the show.

Strel
[+] 1 user Likes Strelnieks's post
Thread Closed