Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
16-06-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey. My name is Jennifer, and although I've been an agnostic for years, it's only recently, after finding TTA and Darkmatter2525 on YouTube, that I finally faced up to the fact that I'm an atheist.

I grew up in a United Methodist church, but my family wasn't particularly religious, and I was already losing my belief by the time I was in high school. Although I spent a couple of years doing activities with my college's Methodist campus ministry, eventually (surrounded by believers with more conviction) I started to feel like a phony, and ended up quitting in favor of SCA and playing tabletop RPGs with my friends.

After college, separated from my college friends, I fell in with an Evangelical Christian chat room. I got sucked into charismatic belief for a while, but it wasn't long before the cognitive dissonance set in, and I gave it up for agnosticism.

Anyway, it's nice to meet everyone. My handle is the same on YouTube, so when RyujinZero comments on TTA videos, that's me.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes RyujinZero's post
16-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Howdy. My name is Robert and my mission is to prove that I'm not a bot. I've been a patron and listener for quite a while and figured that I should join the community. I'm looking forward to getting my copy of the new book. I discovered Seth and Aron Ra about two weeks after the Unholy Trinity hit Albuquerque and absolutely hated missing that. Be well, all.
17-06-2015, 04:08 PM
i'm not a bot. i just came to post an exchange with kristen meghan. approve my post plz kthnx.
17-06-2015, 08:29 PM
(16-06-2015 07:26 PM)RyujinZero Wrote:  Hey. My name is Jennifer, and although I've been an agnostic for years, it's only recently, after finding TTA and Darkmatter2525 on YouTube, that I finally faced up to the fact that I'm an atheist.

I grew up in a United Methodist church, but my family wasn't particularly religious, and I was already losing my belief by the time I was in high school. Although I spent a couple of years doing activities with my college's Methodist campus ministry, eventually (surrounded by believers with more conviction) I started to feel like a phony, and ended up quitting in favor of SCA and playing tabletop RPGs with my friends.

After college, separated from my college friends, I fell in with an Evangelical Christian chat room. I got sucked into charismatic belief for a while, but it wasn't long before the cognitive dissonance set in, and I gave it up for agnosticism.

Anyway, it's nice to meet everyone. My handle is the same on YouTube, so when RyujinZero comments on TTA videos, that's me.

Welcome Jennifer

**Crickets** -- God
17-06-2015, 08:31 PM
(16-06-2015 04:59 PM)Goju Wrote:  Hi all!

My name is Matt. I'm 42 years old and I'm a closet atheist. I've only been an atheist for about 2 months, but it was a long process to come to this point. I grew up in a church and I'm still going to church only because of my wife. I will eventually tell her, but it won't be easy. Unfortunately, most of our friends are hard-core christians. I'm going to use my remaining time of church attendance to be objective and critical of my church. I plan on bringing up contradictions and inconsistencies as much as I can in classes and discussions.

A friend of mine from this same church declared himself to be an Atheist just last year and his father is a deacon. He still attends services once in awhile because his wife is a believer and his parents attend also. It's an interesting situation. Although my parents are more casual christians, not even attending a church at this time, I will not tell them of my atheist beliefs because my father is dealing with cancer and he has enough to think about right now. I don't feel like saying hey Dad there's no heaven and I'll never see you again!

Seth's podcast has been very helpful. I started with his first episode and I have been listening to at least two episodes a day. I'm looking forward to many good discussions on this forum!

Cheers!

Matt

We are in the exact same boat, you and I. Hopefully you'll find solace in this place. The pain of being a closet atheist is almost as great as the cognitive dissonance in getting there.

**Crickets** -- God
18-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Hey... what's up fellow free thinkers? I'm looking forward to chatting with like minded thinkers.
19-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Music RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
i am a 50 yr old american .hello to all!!!Drinking Beverage
19-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Hello, LimitedUbiquity, and anittina! Big Grin
Welcome! Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
19-06-2015, 06:31 PM
Thank you kindly,The Gulegon!!!
23-06-2015, 11:13 PM
Hi, I'm a 67 year old man living in Australia on an Organic Garlic Farm, I'm becoming more and more of an ardent Anti-theist, having been brought up in a Christian family in England, I'm looking forward to making contact with more like-minded people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Ozroller's post
Thread Closed