Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
24-06-2015, 04:55 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(23-06-2015 11:13 PM)Ozroller Wrote:  Hi, I'm a 67 year old man living in Australia on an Organic Garlic Farm, I'm becoming more and more of an ardent Anti-theist, having been brought up in a Christian family in England, I'm looking forward to making contact with more like-minded people.
Welcome. I hope that you enjoy this place. I'm as much an anti-theist as one could get, I reckon.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
24-06-2015, 05:34 AM
Hey people,

Macvel here reporting from the Netherlands. I've been listening to the podcast for a couple of weeks and I just heard there was a forum so here I am!

I'm not religious nor was I raised so, but religion still remains one of the biggest mysteries out there (for me)
Since I never believed in anything and the Dutch are generally very sober about this, I can't really relate to the people that came from faith and convert into ateism.

Anyway, that's that. Will lurk for a bit and see what this is all about!

See ya
[+] 1 user Likes Macvel's post
24-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Hello,

I'm a twenty-two year old guy from the Netherlands. I study mechanical engineering. I was raised catholic but came out as an atheist (though that term was foreign to me back then) when I was fifteen. My family has no qualms with it and they are generally very rational with everything. And generally I have no problems with their religion either, due to the way they believe. They claim most catholics are like them, but I have my doubts about that.

At home it is difficult for me to have a religious discussion at home because it's usually me against my parents and they aren't really willing to see my point of view on religion. So I hope this is a place where I can discuss these things with some like-minded people and maybe learn to hold my own in a discussion better.
[+] 1 user Likes Dragonmaster352's post
25-06-2015, 12:48 PM
My name is Jeff, I work in Fire and EMS. New to being an open Atheist, I was raised as a Christian, although I never felt in place as one. I embraced Atheism and have never been happier and felt more at home then when I chose to do so.
[+] 2 users Like jefffightsfire's post
25-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Welcome new people Big Grin
25-06-2015, 02:20 PM
[Image: picgifs-welcome-2-566738_zpspj3fepho.gif]
Everyone!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
25-06-2015, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2015 03:40 PM by jennybee.)
(25-06-2015 02:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: picgifs-welcome-2-566738_zpspj3fepho.gif]
Everyone!

So you are trying to one up me pffft Tongue lol
25-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Welcome

Dragonmaster
Jefffightsfire
Macvel
Ozroller

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
25-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Hello, fellow heathens!

I'm a former field biologist for the Kansas Department of Health & Environment, Bureau of Environmental Field Services. In 2005, I was wrongly convicted of a crime in large part because of the scientific ignorance of the people of Kansas City, Missouri, and I wound up spending almost ten years in prison as a result, while I fought on appeal. I have finally won, proving that the conviction methods used by the State were unscientific and illegal, and would have been inadmissible under modern standards. Because the lawsuit resulting from the case is ongoing, and any information given here could potentially be used to help the cheaters get away with what they did, I will be refusing to discuss any major details of my case beyond what I have just told you. Sorry about that! I was released on April 21, 2015, and am trying to slowly piece together a shattered life.

Although I refuse to discuss the ongoing case or its history, if you want to know what prison life is like, talk about The System in general, or discuss science with a scientists ten years out of the loop and behind on the literature/journals, I am happy to talk about any subject. In addition to my biology major, I double-minored in chemistry and in history, and have a deep interest in mythology and fantasy literature from Moses to Tolkien to Campbell. I am the son of a chemical/nuclear engineer and a tenured speech/theatre professor at a Christian private university, so I have some interesting views and a broad knowledge of Biblical BS... as I like to say, this is why I am an atheist! (In prison, the more vehemently religious a person was, I found, the more likely they were to be a sexual predator or a child molester of some kind; that's not a slight against religion, that's simply my observation over those years, that the same mindset that likes control over unwilling bodies seeks first the control over minds.)

I look forward to being among an intellectual community again... and I beg your indulgence with any out-of-date language or lack of knowledge of unwritten "internet rules" that may have emerged since I was Away. Already, I have discovered that the 'net of today is not like that of 2005, with censorship and "trigger warnings" and memes/tropes I'm Just Supposed To Know. Angry

See y'all in the arena!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-06-2015, 05:51 PM
(25-06-2015 02:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 02:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: picgifs-welcome-2-566738_zpspj3fepho.gif]
Everyone!

So you are trying to one up me pffft Tongue lol

I'll do you both better Tongue

Welcome All! Smile

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
Thread Closed