Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
28-06-2015, 05:17 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi, I'm Júlio from Portugal and I'm 46 years old. I'm am elementary school teacher. I go to church and I like our local priest, but I'm an atheist for some years now. I believe that the world would be a better place without all those false gods. My religion is life itself. I'm in this forum to meet people like me from around this beautiful world.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sicrano's post
28-06-2015, 11:06 PM
I am a Christian who is looking to find people who can actually see the problems of the Bible in an honest way. At least an atheist sees the troubles and is not shy saying what those problems are. I think God is a lot more kind to people than most folks think.
28-06-2015, 11:48 PM
Welcome Pizzaqueen, Sicrano, and RDK.
29-06-2015, 12:14 AM
(28-06-2015 11:06 PM)RDK Wrote:  I am a Christian who is looking to find people who can actually see the problems of the Bible in an honest way. At least an atheist sees the troubles and is not shy saying what those problems are. I think God is a lot more kind to people than most folks think.

Check this out for contradictions.

And this for your evil god.

Oh and welcome.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Hi, I'm from the US, 53 years old, and brought up a Methodist, had been a lay-pastor for a few years and then walked away from the church. It took a fundamentalist to open my eyes. I became a "free-thinker, and that does not set well with the churchy crowd. My late father, who was more Native American leaning in his beliefs, gave me my first lesson in "something greater", when, as a child, I asked him about God. He picked up a blade of grass and showed it to me. He said, "can you make this?". I said, "No". He asked, "then who can?" and I've thought about that ever since.

So I'm here looking for some answers to niggling questions Huh and friendly conversation about where religion comes from and how various ones are formed. Also want to know more about the Atheist perspective as my Mom blind-sided us by coming out as one a couple of years ago and I'm running out of ways to explain it to my brother, so he'll understand. (he feels betrayed).

Saw a particularly good convo that I'd like to follow and see where it goes, because it lays a whole new perspective out that I'd never considered before. I'm eternally curious and open to new thoughts and ideas. Big Grin[/font]

Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
~ Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like Wombat1's post
29-06-2015, 07:33 PM
My name is Jeremy Parris. I am a software engineer in Austin , TX. I was a christian most of my life. While I was in college I felt compelled to learn more about the history of religion. The more I learned the more questions and doubts I started having. It took about five years but it finally got to the point where I did not have a good reason to believe in god anymore. I just recently came to conclusion that I am an atheist. When I heard Seth Andrews deconversion story I could really relate to his background. I joined this forum so I could meet like minded people since currently most of my friends are religious. Most of them do not know. My wife and my brother knows and that did not go very well.
[+] 4 users Like jlparris's post
30-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Welcome, Jeremy/jlparris... at least you're in "weird" Austin. I was born in Texas, and that state terrifies me. My people are mostly in Louisiana (I'm a half-Cajun), and they're all mega-religious. At best they will ignore my atheism and science degree with what I'd call a "semi-tolerant smirk". It's nice to have a place for us "damned heathens" to gather and discuss ideas.

Wombat1 - Know the best part about learning science? You can learn how that blade of grass was "made". Genetics and evolutionary biology are awesome, once you learn how they work!

Sicrano - Why do you go to church if you've already seen through their bullshit?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
30-06-2015, 11:04 PM
I heard there were unicorns, rainbows, & cake? Actually I was told by a friend that I needed to check out this site. So here I am...
[+] 2 users Like Trixie's post
01-07-2015, 02:02 AM
(30-06-2015 11:04 PM)Trixie Wrote:  I heard there were unicorns, rainbows, & cake? Actually I was told by a friend that I needed to check out this site. So here I am...

Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-07-2015, 02:52 AM
(30-06-2015 11:04 PM)Trixie Wrote:  I heard there were unicorns, rainbows, & cake? Actually I was told by a friend that I needed to check out this site. So here I am...

That was before the party. We ate that stuff up already. I think Morondog has the unicorn horn. Made it into a necklace or something....

[Image: 3d161995152aeb19361bda592c39a6c1-d3hvsax.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
Thread Closed