Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
03-07-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Dunno where to put this, so I figure this is a "max-coverage" thread for the people I want to reach.

My dad's in town, will be here 'till Sunday evening (all weekend). He's a super-fundie, but I love him, and I'm glad he's here in Misery... er, Missouri to celebrate July 4th with me, my first "independence day" outside of prison in a decade.

I may as well take a break, or apparently it's time to take one, since I'm apparently doing worse in my Internet Debate Fight Club than I thought... Facebook just recommended this "suggested post" to me: http://success.regent.edu/religion_theol...ntID=41976

If anyone needs to reach me, PM me; I have it set up to notify my phone via email if y'all do. Will be back to catch up on the rest Sunday night.

Until then, in the almost words of Journey, "Don't Stop Disbelieving!"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
03-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Welcome Dean
07-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Hello from Seattle.
[+] 1 user Likes WOPR's post
07-07-2015, 03:10 PM
(07-07-2015 02:10 PM)WOPR Wrote:  Hello from Seattle.

A big welcome from Michigan Smile

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Hi Fellow Thinkers, I just joined and not surprising for me Smartass it was because someone said something that I could not validate as truth. Yep I'm one of those but I think Yes if anyone could understand being that way it will be most everyone here. Smile I often have questions so next time I come across one I will try to remember my membership and post it. Thanks for listening hope to share thoughts and hear yours too very soon. Angel
[+] 1 user Likes wildand5150's post
08-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Hi all. I'm Ted. I'm a recovering Christian living in South Korea with my Korean wife. I'm a musician, and the thing I miss most about church is music; singing hymns in chapel, or choruses at Bible studies, the feeling of love and community, the fellowship that has no real secular counterpart. The closest I come to that feeling now is singing folk songs round the campfire. But it's not the same as being with like-minded people who genuinely care about the well-being of your soul. For that reason, I do not find the idea of an atheist church ironic or offensive. I think I'd enjoy gathering with fellow atheists somewhere on a Sunday afternoon and watching an episode of Cosmos and singing a Neil Young song or two and talking over coffee. Is that weird?
[+] 1 user Likes Ted W.'s post
08-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Hello.

That is all.
[+] 1 user Likes The_13th_Coyote's post
09-07-2015, 12:40 AM
(08-07-2015 03:16 PM)Ted W. Wrote:  I think I'd enjoy gathering with fellow atheists somewhere on a Sunday afternoon and watching an episode of Cosmos and singing a Neil Young song or two and talking over coffee. Is that weird?

Maybe replace the coffee with beer but other than that sounds fun Thumbsup and welcome Tongue

(08-07-2015 08:54 PM)The_13th_Coyote Wrote:  Hello.

That is all.

Welcome, what happened to the other 12?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
09-07-2015, 03:35 AM
(09-07-2015 12:40 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Welcome, what happened to the other 12?

They are all angry men. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-07-2015, 04:21 AM
(08-07-2015 08:54 PM)The_13th_Coyote Wrote:  Hello.

That is all.

Oh and I forgot, HELLO! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Thread Closed