Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
18-07-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(18-07-2015 06:58 PM)temybeal Wrote:  My name is Temy, I was a Christian for over 30 years, have been atheist for over 20 years.

[Image: 29837.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
18-07-2015, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 11:24 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
I don't think welcome to the Darkside is a propos, when they've been one of us for 20 years.

Welcome, Temy!!

I like to tell Christians who ask... oh, and they doooooo ask!... that "I'm a recovering Christoholic, been Jesus-free for 22 years." Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
18-07-2015, 11:41 PM
Welcome!
19-07-2015, 11:56 PM
Hey, my name is Terry.
I'm 64 years old, retired from the military and retired IT manager, now just retired.
I've been a non believer for a long time, many years, but never publicly called myself an atheist until about a year ago. Before that, I never really got into analyzing why I was a non believer. I was busy with life, and I just thought of it as common sense not to believe in fairy tales.
Since then I have been devouring books, articles and videos on Atheism from every source I could find. All the rational arguments I was suddenly exposed to from the likes of Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, Krauss, and all the others suddenly gave meaning and validity to thoughts I've always had.
[+] 3 users Like Terry's post
20-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Hey everyone,
I am a 16 years old high school student from Hungary, currently living in London, UK.
My hobbies are computer games, designing and workout.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBritishAnonym's post
20-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Welcome newbies!!!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-07-2015, 04:28 AM
Hello everybody. I'm Suzanne but please call me Suzi if you prefer. I've always been an atheist although I did get married just last year. We'll be celebrating our first anniversary next month.
[+] 2 users Like MrsRusty's post
22-07-2015, 08:17 AM
Hello, I'm a 49 year old 9th grade English teacher from Puerto Rico.
[+] 1 user Likes Guarionex's post
22-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Yay, Newbies!

Don't be afraid to jump right in. We're pretty serious about our skepticism around here, so if you want to express opinions about why bratwurst is better than hamburgers, just opine away. But be ready to cite your sources if you start making statements of serious contention. We're not as mean as we can sound; it's just how skeptics operate.

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say, Suzi and Guarionex. New perspectives are more than welcome.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
22-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Welcome Smile
Thread Closed