Thanks
Find all posts by this user
24-07-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(23-07-2015 04:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 04:07 PM)BornAgainAtheist Wrote:  Thanks Dom Smile

Hi Welcome! Smile I love your username! Big Grin

Hi Jennybee Smile
Thank you, its what I tell people when they ask what religion I subscribe to because of the way I became an atheist.
Its a very long story, is there a place around here where people share how they became atheists?

"My children, I created you, and I created this vat of boiling oil.
I will hold you over the vat and drop you.
If you promise to worship me I will catch you before you fall in.
If you do not promise to worship me, you have thrown yourself into the vat of boiling oil."

Yahweh was a sociopath.
[+] 1 user Likes BornAgainAtheist's post
24-07-2015, 10:44 PM
(24-07-2015 10:32 PM)BornAgainAtheist Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 04:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hi Welcome! Smile I love your username! Big Grin

Hi Jennybee Smile
Thank you, its what I tell people when they ask what religion I subscribe to because of the way I became an atheist.
Its a very long story, is there a place around here where people share how they became atheists?

There's a "Share your deconversion" thread.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...sion-story

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
25-07-2015, 01:30 AM
Music RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!

Hi, I am a Canadian senior & have been an atheist pretty much from the time I began to read 60+ years ago. I didn't know what the term meant for years until I began researching & realized that's what I was, & am. I see no reason to change that conclusion.
I have lots of books by atheist authors, but am a new fan of Seth Andrews, AronRa, & Matt Dillahunty. The TouTube channels are terrific to listen to, & I pick one or two segments to listen to every day.
Nice to be here, I'm sure I'll like this site just fine!
Mrs.B
[+] 4 users Like Mrs.B's post
25-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Welcome Mrs. B!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-07-2015, 11:04 AM
Mrs. B - your perspective as a lifelong reader (and, therefore atheist, I'd draw the connection!) is more than welcome here. Glad you came! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
25-07-2015, 12:58 PM
(25-07-2015 11:04 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Mrs. B - your perspective as a lifelong reader (and, therefore atheist, I'd draw the connection!) is more than welcome here. Glad you came! Smile

Thank you very much, looking forward to it. Thumbsup
25-07-2015, 01:03 PM
(25-07-2015 08:56 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome Mrs. B!

Thank you Jennybee. New to forum style too, so this is all new to me so hope I can figure out what I'm doing easily.
25-07-2015, 02:56 PM
(25-07-2015 01:03 PM)Mrs.B Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 08:56 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome Mrs. B!

Thank you Jennybee. New to forum style too, so this is all new to me so hope I can figure out what I'm doing easily.

It's pretty easy to get the hang of after awhile. If you need any help, let me know Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Mrs. B - Look for the "View New Posts" bar at the very top. Took me a couple weeks to notice it; this forum became much, much easier for me once I didn't have to surf through each thread/forum list to find what was going on at the moment.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
Thread Closed