Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
25-07-2015, 03:29 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(25-07-2015 03:02 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Mrs. B - Look for the "View New Posts" bar at the very top. Took me a couple weeks to notice it; this forum became much, much easier for me once I didn't have to surf through each thread/forum list to find what was going on at the moment.

Oh right.....there it is.....thanks! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mrs.B's post
26-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Hi all

I'm a middle aged man who is now questioning everything.

I will ask many stupid questions be nice ;-)))
[+] 4 users Like MattB's post
26-07-2015, 01:40 AM
(26-07-2015 01:08 AM)MattB Wrote:  Hi all

Welcome Smile Stupid questions huh? Well they say that there's no such thing as a stupid question but if that's the case is there no such thing as a stupid question?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
26-07-2015, 06:24 AM
Welcome Matt!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
26-07-2015, 06:26 AM
(26-07-2015 01:08 AM)MattB Wrote:  Hi all

"Stupid" questions are fine as long as they are honest questions.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
26-07-2015, 07:34 AM
Hi folks,

I'm not a native speaker, so please don't be too harsh on my language Wink. I just had the feeling that the english-speaking community would be way bigger than my local one, and therefore be more interesting.

My parents are moderately religious and didn't put too much effort in raising me in a religious way. I lost my faith quite early during my childhood. Later I studied chemistry and biology and now teach at a school. Even though I think of myself as a generally calm person, sometimes I notice how much all the flawed logic out there unnerves me, be it in religion, pseudo-science, esotericism or anything else (even though the first two definately tend to take the cake).

Most propably I won't write too much, but I think I'll read a lot and simply enjoy being among people who value logic as much as I do. Many thanks in advance!
[+] 4 users Like DemSit's post
26-07-2015, 08:04 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
26-07-2015, 10:01 AM
DemSit - Your English is better than most of the people online, better than some of the people here on this site (and we are way above the average, for education and literacy), so don't feel bad. We will not judge you for not learning English as your first language.

Tell us some more about you-- where from, for instance? (Obviously not the UK, the USA, Australia, Canada, or New Zealand!)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Welcome aboard all new folks!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
26-07-2015, 01:30 PM
I'm new here too, love questions, & lots of them.
Thread Closed